Maltese Dogs Forum : Spoiled Maltese Forums banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
3,483 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
We always talk about how calmer our boys get after a nueter, but does a girl's character change after a spay at all? Has anyone noticed a difference in their girls after a spay?

·
Registered
1,498 Posts
hey Butter !
i dont think u have to worry too much about personality change after spaying, Jong-ee shows more affection after she got spayed and i love it !
she became more playful and gives me more kisses

·
Registered
9,288 Posts
Unless the animal has reached sexually maturity, I've never notice any changes in them. If they have, it has usually been less hormonal behavior (less snippy bitches, calmer dogs as they are not worried about finding a bitch in heat).

·
Registered
3,483 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
She's already had one heat cycle. I'm glad noone told me their girls turned butch after the spay

·
Registered
7,428 Posts
Lexi is still as playful and off the wall as every. I have noticed that since she was spayed she is even more cuddly and will sit/lay still sometimes. Not sure if this is due to the spaying or to getting older.

·
Registered
1,422 Posts
Originally posted by ButterCloudandNoriko@Jan 12 2005, 11:17 PM
She's already had one heat cycle.  I'm glad noone told me their girls turned butch after the spay
<div align="right">index.php?act=findpost&pid=29412
[/QUOTE]

hahahahahahaha

Love your new picture!!!! Very cute!

·
Registered
3,483 Posts
Discussion Starter #10

·
Registered
2,863 Posts
the girls act exactly the same. the day i went to pick up sprite---she seemed pissed off at me. lol. she didnt want me to hold her

·
Registered
707 Posts

·
Registered
199 Posts
I'm not sure if this was spay related but Bella seems to be more scared of other dogs. She reacts by barking like a wild animal. Before she would bark at other dogs but not all the crazy barking and snarling she does now. I really want to get it under control b/c I live in a complex that has several other dogs and I like to take her for walks but we always see other dogs and she goes nuts...then they go nuts b/c she is going nuts and I have to say sorry to the other owners a million times! ARGH! At first i thought she was just protecting her tummy b/c it was sore and had stitches but now she is all healed and is still crazy.

She went to puppy school and did ok there, she was scared at first and barked during the last 2 classes. But nothing like what she is doing now. I'm thinking of putting her in another class just to force her to be around other dogs.

CRAZY Bella!!!!

Nicolle

·
Registered
3,483 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Maybe lil bella just needs to be socialized. That's all. When Cloud was younger, he use to just walk up to ANY dog and just smell and kiss them. Now he barks furociously at them...even if they're amile away. It's not just dogs though. It's ppl too!

Glad to hear the training is helping your baby a lil
. Good luck w/that!

·
Registered
2,863 Posts
the only reason they say that neutering calms boys down---is because they dont get all sexual with EVERYTHING. you know? and they'll stop needing the need to mark things. we neutered gruffi---and he had the same exact energy level!

1 - 15 of 15 Posts