Maltese Dogs Forum : Spoiled Maltese Forums banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
2,544 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
This is probably a silly question all of you with digital cameras. Do you get the pictures on your computer through a cable hooked up on the back of your computer. Or is thru a picture card??? Please let me know????

·
Registered
7,428 Posts
At work I use a card reader that I have attached to the computer. I leave the reader at work. At home I use the USB cable that came with my camera. My mom has the same camera and bought the docking station that charges the camera and also allows you to get the pictures off the camera.

·
Premium Member
13,652 Posts
I have both the USB cable and the card reader and fankly I prefer the reader method for my Canon.

My JVC digital cam corder does stills as well and the card from that slips straight into my laptop so that is great, less fuss.

I use my camcorder more outside and the Canon digital inside because it has the flash.

·
Registered
2,544 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Originally posted by Scoobydoo@Sep 13 2005, 10:51 AM
I have both the USB cable and the card reader and fankly I prefer the reader method for my Canon.

My JVC digital cam corder does stills as well and the card from that slips straight into my laptop so that is great, less fuss.

I use my camcorder more outside and the Canon digital inside because it has the flash.
<div align="right">index.php?act=findpost&pid=99178
[/QUOTE]
The card reader, where does that go?? Does it slide under where the cd's go?

·
Registered
7,428 Posts
Originally posted by Karen542+Sep 13 2005, 11:28 AM-->
<!--QuoteBegin-Scoobydoo
@Sep 13 2005, 10:51 AM

<div align="right">index.php?act=findpost&pid=99178
The card reader, where does that go?? Does it slide under where the cd's go?
<div align="right">index.php?act=findpost&pid=99197
[/B][/QUOTE]
A card reader is something that you buy for around $20. It plugs into a USB thing (technical term
) and you set it on your desk or on top of the computer.

·
Registered
7,428 Posts
Your supposed to push the button on the top and it transfers all the pics to a folder on your computer. I discovered though that you can put the card in and then open My computer and browse to the card. That way you can just copy or transfer what pictures you want to.

·
Premium Member
8,543 Posts
What's the advantage of the card reader ? I only use the USB cable that I plug in to the camera. Then I use the software that came with the camera (Zoombrowser) to dowload the pictures. I can choose which pictures to download individually or download just the last new ones, or all of them.

·
Registered
7,428 Posts
For me I like not having to hookup the cable everytime. It also doesn't use your camera battery. So if you have a lot of pictures you can take all the time you need without having to worry about your camera battery.

·
Premium Member
8,543 Posts
Yes I have heard about the battery. It never has bothered me and I downloaded over a 100 pictures at one time. I have 2 batteries, one in my camera and one as a spare. The USB cable is hooked on the computer all the time. When I want to download pictures I just plug the other side of the cable to the camera that's it. No need to take out the memory card to put in the reader.

·
Registered
7,741 Posts
when i download from the card reader it is WAY faster then doing it from the camera. plus the battery thingy is a plus too...but the main factor is the time

1 - 12 of 12 Posts