Maltese Dogs Forum : Spoiled Maltese Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
2,415 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Bella goes to the groomer once a week (I suck at grooming), and I'm supposed to put Oticalm solution in her ears after her bath. Do they mean immediately after her bath? If so, should the groomer do it (that kind of bothers me, I'd rather do it myself)? Do you think the thirty minute drive home is too long to wait?

·
Registered
7,741 Posts
it should be fine if u do it when u get home...its a drying agent..so the water that is in there wont hurt for that little time

·
Registered
1,064 Posts
Coincidence! I was just using Oticalm at home right now! It was a struggle because Paris isn't used to the ear cleaning solution yet, or could be my clumsiness...

She goes every week? I thought from reading and talking to other owners, that once a week may be too much as it's too drying?

Bella looks really clean and pretty in the picture, so maybe once a week is a good thing?

·
Registered
2,415 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Originally posted by Paris'Mom@Oct 20 2005, 06:58 PM
Coincidence! I was just using Oticalm at home right now! It was a struggle because Paris isn't used to the ear cleaning solution yet, or could be my clumsiness...

She goes every week?  I thought from reading and talking to other owners, that once a week may be too much as it's too drying?

Bella looks really clean and pretty in the picture, so maybe once a week is a good thing?
<div align="right">index.php?act=findpost&pid=111828
[/QUOTE]

I used to take her every other week, but Bella didn't like that at all. She lets me know when she's ready, if I wait the extra week she gets depressed and licks her paws for hours :new_Eyecrazy: I have the groomer use a gentle organic shampoo (no whitening) and Ice on Ice, and so far so good. In the winter if she feels dry we will cut back on the bathing, but her eyes get so goopy, I hope we get to stay with once a week

·
Premium Member
13,652 Posts
I use the Oti-sooth at least twice a week with Scooby as it keeps the ears dry and also clean. It smells so nice and fresh too, and it helps keep the ear wax under control. He hates it too I might add and it can be a struggle to get it in his ear, but I guess if you just warm it a little to body temperature it may feel a little better for them.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts