Maltese Dogs Forum : Spoiled Maltese Forums banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
7,428 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Has anyone tried the Core Secrets program? I've heard a lot of good things about working out with a ball. Lately I've heard about Core Secrets on the internet and TV. Has anyone tried it or know someone who tried it?

·
Registered
2,863 Posts
thats what the trainer i had do to me.
and i didnt lose any weight because i didnt do enough cardio and i ate more thinking that i'd burn it off

but core training is killer. it makes you sweat. its the thing with the ball, right?

and you totally feel your abs making muscles

·
Registered
1,422 Posts
Core training is an excellent workout! You most likely will not loose weight from doing these types of excercies, but there is nothing bad with gaining muscle mass! If you are looking to loose weight in the stomach area, the best way really is cardio! Of course, if you do both cardio and core toning the benefits are doubled!!!
Good luck! :D

·
Registered
1,422 Posts
Originally posted by Lexi's Mom@Jan 11 2005, 01:21 PM
I want to lose weight but I also want to get in shape.  Hmm?  I think I'll get it.  I'm going to see if I can get it cheaper on Ebay.
<div align="right">index.php?act=findpost&pid=29019
[/QUOTE]

buying it is always the best way to start!!!!!!

·
Registered
499 Posts
I haven't heard of this. Is it an at-home program or part of a class?
I need all the help I can get now that I am "a woman of a certain age"
Quincymom

·
Registered
1,422 Posts
one thing I forgot to mention... while you are working your core (abs & gluts) it is extremely important to work on your lower back. If not your posture will go right to the gutter.

Originally posted by Quincymom@Jan 11 2005, 02:36 PM
Quincymom
<div align="right">index.php?act=findpost&pid=29062
[/QUOTE]

If I'm thinking the same thing as LexisMom then it is a program, but many fitness classes are offered for core training, or are incorporated at the end of class.

·
Registered
3,483 Posts
Originally posted by nataliecmu@Jan 11 2005, 12:10 PM
If you are looking to loose weight in the stomach area, the best way really is cardio! <div align="right">index.php?act=findpost&pid=29013
[/QUOTE]

Yep! And I heard the same thing about losing your Love handles...that you have to do running. I'm like, "Imma learn to LOVE my love handles!" I hate running. I like biking though! :D

·
Registered
1,422 Posts
Originally posted by Lexi's Mom@Jan 11 2005, 03:32 PM
The one I'm talking about is an at home program.  It has DVDs or videos.

Here is the website: Core Secrets
<div align="right">index.php?act=findpost&pid=29086
[/QUOTE]

Yes! This along the same lines that I was talking about. I would get it! It looks like they practice safe move.

On their website it has this: "Your core muscle group consists of abdominals, obliques, glutes and the lower back."

That is a good sign, sometimes people try to pass off strickly working on your abdominals as a core workout... this leads me back to my earlier posture comment.

Excercise balls are so great!! There are SOOO many things you can do with them.

·
Registered
7,428 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
The the company that I used to work for there were a couple of women that used the balls as their chairs because it forced them to sit up straight and they would work their abs while just sitting there.

·
Registered
1,422 Posts
Originally posted by sheila2182+Jan 11 2005, 07:50 PM-->
<!--QuoteBegin-Quincymom
@Jan 11 2005, 02:36 PM
Quincymom
<div align="right">index.php?act=findpost&pid=29062
Me too!!!LOL
<div align="right">index.php?act=findpost&pid=29154
[/B][/QUOTE]

Excercise balls are great for people of any age!!!!!!

·
Registered
493 Posts
I do core/prone stabilisation exercises on the swiss ball most days - it's really good for my sports acrobatics (as of 2005 apparently called Acrobatic Gymnastics
).

Nataliecmu & co are right though.... ab exercises (with the swiss balls or crunches or whatever) will build and tone the muscle - but unless you do ample cardio and eat properly to lose the "blanket" (as I refer to it) on top, then you won't see the results. You will certainly have better abs - but they won't be visible. -_-

So my advice is to definitely do the swiss ball exercises - I really love them. But your best shot is to ensure that you walk/run at least 3-4 times a week, watch what you eat and even get in 3 days of weight training aswell. You will do your body wonders!!!

PS - I did body building for about 18 months or so (can't remember exactly how long), so I learnt a lot from that... I'm not making it up! I promise!! :D

·
Registered
7,428 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
I ordered the Core Secrets System today. They say to allow 2-3 weeks for shipping. I'll let you know how it is when I get it.

One thing I like about it is they have a 30 day money back guarantee. So if I do get it an decided that I don't like it I'm only out the cost of shipping and handling.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts