Maltese Dogs Forum : Spoiled Maltese Forums banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
7,428 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I've been feeding the girls home cooked meals for over a week now. Nikki will eat almost all of the recipes I made. Lexi on the other hand will only eat the ones meat and rice ones. She will sometimes eat some of the meat and macaroni ones. Is it ok to only give her the rice recipes? I would make up some recipes using beef, chicken and turkey. That way they are all exactly the same.

I'm planning on making my second batch of recipes in mid-Sept. I will be making some of the Pitcairn recipes (not sure if she will even like them). I'm going to be trying some of the recipes I made before (the ones with potatoes and macaroni) but I'm not going to put them in the food processor. Hopefully she will like them if they aren't as processed.

·
Registered
1,597 Posts
Kristi,

I don't process any of Teddy's food...I cut it small but it is in the form that it is cooked. Maybe your little one will like it better like that. I would be more worried about her not eating a variety because that opens the door to vitamin deficiency. Teddy gets a wide variety because of this. I would think that if she still does not like the food after you offer in a different way that you will have to be very careful about giving the vitamins.

·
Registered
7,428 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Originally posted by Teddyandme@Aug 29 2005, 11:09 AM
Kristi,

I don't process any of Teddy's food...I cut it small but it is in the form that it is cooked.  Maybe your little one will like it better like that.  I would be more worried about her not eating a variety because that opens the door to vitamin deficiency.  Teddy gets a wide variety because of this.  I would think that if she still does not like the food after you offer in a different way that you will have to be very careful about giving the vitamins.
<div align="right">index.php?act=findpost&pid=94990
[/QUOTE]
In the recipes you add a multi-vitamin & bone-meal. I'm hoping she will like the Pitcairn's recipes too. If so that will give her some variety. For this next batch I'm making enough for 2 months of food. A months worth of it will be of the recipes I know they like. That way I have stuff on had they like.

·
Registered
1,597 Posts
Kristi,

I hope your little ones are not like my Teddy....I could feed him his favorite thing in the world but if he gets it too much he will leave it. He totally loves his variety and would not eat without it. The only thing he will eat consistently is Asparagus and he will eat that every day for breakfast and dinner if I gave it.

Glad he already has the vitamins he needs.

·
Registered
7,428 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Originally posted by JMM@Aug 29 2005, 07:41 PM
Lots of dogs have preferences. It is fine if she doesn't like the macaroni meals. Other carbs - oatmeal, potato, cous cous...
<div align="right">index.php?act=findpost&pid=95185
[/QUOTE]
The Pitcairn book has some recipes with that stuff in it. Hoping she will like them.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.