Maltese Dogs Forum : Spoiled Maltese Forums banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
2,195 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I am going to buy Baxter a faux leather jacket but am not sure of which size to get. The size small which I usually get him says it fits 8" to 12" and the meduium fits 14" to 18". I measured Baxter from neck to tail and he is 12". I'm not sure if he will out grow this real soon or if I should go up one size. His weight remains consistent but I haven't measured length in awhile. What do you guys suggest?

·
Registered
7,741 Posts
if the jacket doesnt need to reach his tail, i saygo with the smaller size. it will prob fit him better. is there n e way to return it?

·
Registered
2,195 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
These jackets are on e-bay and most all say no returns. I drove 2 hrs away looking for this jacket yesterday but could not find one. Our local Petsmart carry them but did not have Baxters size, all they had were size Large. The jacket I am looking at is the Harley Davidson black leather ones.

·
Registered
1,176 Posts
Last year we bought Puddles (8 lbs) a blue jean Harley jacket from Petsmart (small). It was to small so I returned it and got a medium and it was to big. The neck was hanging to low so my mom had to alter it. Don't know if this can be done on leather. Also, it buttons up and its kinda a pain.

If its costly and can't be returned, don't think I would buy it. Maybe check on the Petsmart web site and order it. You can always return that to your local store with no problem.

Harley Demin Jacket - Petsmart

·
Premium Member
13,652 Posts
You know I have the exact same problem with sizing and Scooby. Some things fit in the small size and some just are too small. I now buy the medium sizes and if they are too big I have to alter them. I do admit though that I prefer his coats and sweaters to fit to his tail in the winter as that way he is much warmer when outside, but what I do is just put a little stitch in the under side to make sure he doesn't pee on them.

·
Registered
2,195 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Well I went ahead and took a chance on ordering Baxter the leather jacket in a size small. I ordered Sunday night and it arrived today. OMG it is sooo adorable on him.
It fits perfect and he already had the leather cap to match. I am now looking at sunglasses to complete the outfit. Thanks for everyones advice!

1 - 7 of 7 Posts