Maltese Dogs Forum : Spoiled Maltese Forums banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
2,331 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I will be taking Chloe on her first beach outing tomorrow :Sunny Smile:.
If she gets in the water I plan on combing her afterwards but is it enough
to prevent her from matting up until we get home for a bath? :unsure:

·
Registered
5,653 Posts
aww not able to help u on the questions but have a great time n take lots lots of pics!!!

·
Registered
1,203 Posts
When I take my Bailey girl to the beach she will not get in the water. She will litterally climb up to the top of my shoulder not to get wet. So you might not have to worry about any matted hair if she is like my Bailey and does not want to get wet.

·
Registered
373 Posts
what if you brought a little detangling spray along with you? then you can spray her with it after she gets wet and wash her later. just a little idea. i wouldn't know though, i live in illinois!

·
Registered
69 Posts
I recently took Mitzy to the beach for Spring Break.

Before brushing I made sure she was completely dry (makes stuck sand easier to get out) then I sprayed with a detangler and combed her out. Her hair was long at the time and combing was really time consuming but totally worth her having a good time at the beach :thumbsup:

·
Premium Member
17,460 Posts
Enjoy!!!!

·
Registered
6,958 Posts
I wouldnt attempt a comb while she is wet & sandy, let it dry first - dry sand brushes out real easy, then do your normal bath routine.

Have Fun at the beach!!!!

·
Premium Member
20,031 Posts
My dogs don't go into the ocean, but they do get full of sand. Be ready to give a bath when you get home :thumbsup:

Have fun!

1 - 9 of 9 Posts