Maltese Dogs Forum : Spoiled Maltese Forums banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
7,840 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Brinkley has been using the eye envy every day for almost a week. I have seen very little improvement. I trimmed off most of the stained hair before I started...he is still staining about the same. I haven't used the powder every day...because I thought the liquid was the "magic" and the powder was to keep it dry...tonight I moved the powder into the kitchen, so that it would be more convenient to use it when I use the liquid. Maybe remembering that everytime will help. Is the powder magic too? Is that what I did wrong? Or is it just not working- or not working YET for us?

Just wondering about some time frame feedback, and who did/didn't have results.
Thanks

·
Registered
755 Posts
O nono.
The POWDER is the magic! You need to put the powder every time. liquid is ( to me atleast) just to help powder stay on. Good luck!!!

·
Registered
1,427 Posts
I got the #1 All systems whitening gel and Maya's stains were really bad, I left it on for like an hour and her stains look so much better and it makes her hair softer! It was only 9.95 (much more reasonable compared to eye envy). I am also getting some diamond eyes, but this whitening gel I loved and it mafe her softer! hers are bad so Im sure it will take atleast a few applications but I can tell a difference already, I didnt want to get it too close to her eyes

·
Registered
7,840 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Originally posted by BrookeB676@Dec 9 2004, 01:09 AM
I got the #1 All systems whitening gel and Maya's stains were really bad, I left it on for like an hour and her stains look so much better and it makes her hair softer! It was only 9.95 (much more reasonable compared to eye envy). I am also getting some diamond eyes, but this whitening gel I loved and it mafe her softer! hers are bad so Im sure it will take atleast a few applications but I can tell a difference already, I didnt want to get it too close to her eyes
<div align="right">index.php?act=findpost&pid=21546
[/QUOTE]

I have the whitening gel...I didn't think it did anything...I like diamond eye as well...

·
Registered
90 Posts
I have used the eye envy also for about a week. It didn't seem to do much but the powder did help a little. I tried crystal eyes because that is what they had at the store for me to try and that seems to help just as much but it smells like campher and Lilly hates it!! She didn't seem to mind the eye envy at all.

This is just our experience,
sherrie

·
Registered
3,615 Posts
Originally posted by shasbury@Dec 10 2004, 07:06 PM
I have used the eye envy also for about a week.  It didn't seem to do much but the powder did help a little.  I tried crystal eyes because that is what they had at the store for me to try and that seems to help just as much but it smells like campher and Lilly hates it!!  She didn't seem to mind the eye envy at all.

This is just our experience,
sherrie
<div align="right">index.php?act=findpost&pid=22016
[/QUOTE]
I would be careful of campher close to her eyes. I've been lucky so far with not much tear staining in our pup. I wash her face daily with Aveeno baby wash (vet recommended it) and I use a flea comb to brush out any softened cruddies. I also have read that hydrogen peroxide (3%) is good to use, but again, I'd be really careful around your pup's eyes. Our pup gets a bit of a brown face from her wet food (which she is being weaned off of), so I'm hoping that ends when she stops with the canned stuff.

·
Registered
219 Posts
I am new to the small white dog thing...I'm loving it, except the whole eye thing. I asked a lady at the supply store what would work and she said to wash the area daily, and use a flea comb to seperate the hair after washing...I haven't tried it, but what do you guys think? It sounds like something good to do anyway, but I don't know if it'll help with her stains!

She's also achieving a mustache....lol.

·
Registered
7,741 Posts
yes it helps...i wash parkers face on a routine basis now and he doesnt have stains...i was doing it every night but now i do it like 3 times a week

·
Registered
568 Posts
i have Rudy on the second batch of Eye-envy and other than keeping the eye area dry I see no difference.I called them and they told me that perhaps the product was bad and they sent me a new kit(no extra charge) it's not working.I'm disappointed.

·
Registered
22 Posts
Eye Envy is the only thing that actually has worked for Jazz's tear stains. After a week they are almost gone. I think that the liquid is probably the "secret" since it has to be refrigerated it probably has an ingredient that "attacks" the stain. I think the powder is for "enhancing" the white around the eye and helping to keep the area dry. Now here's what I've used that doesn't seem to work. Well, none of it really stopped the stains.

Pet Silk Whitening "goop" that you put on in between shampoo and rinse. Helps but the stains come back

Pet Silk Whitener - the powder mixed with conditioner. It's a bleach. Whitens, but the stains come back and can leave the hair on the face "frizzy". Don't bleach, if you're not showing your dog, it's not worth the possible damage to the hair and danger around the eyes.

#1 All systems whitening gel. Didn't really do much.

Various eye/face wipes. Clean but don't really "whiten".

Peroxide. Brown bottle, drug store type, not hair salon strength. Almost no different than Eye wipes. Seems to dry out the hair also.

Jazz has a habit of trying to lick anything I use on her face so I have to be really careful. One thing is for sure the secret to tear stains is to get used to them. Let's face it, we have white dogs. If the stains aren't real bad or don't smell bad and you have had your vet check them and he or she hasn't found anything wrong or has not referred you to a canine opthamologist, then we probably just have to - "get used to them."

1 - 10 of 10 Posts