Maltese Dogs Forum : Spoiled Maltese Forums banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Premium Member
596 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Dear All:

I met a lady a petsmart with a malt whose hair looked and smelled like heaven. I asked the lady what she used to keep the hair so straight, soft and settled and she told me that she used DOWNY intead of rinse.

Have any of you heard about this?

Thanks!!!

·
Registered
2,159 Posts
"Warning from Product Label: None
Acute Health Effects: From MSDS
Inhalation: None given Eye Contact: Mild eye irritant. Instillation into the eye may result in transient superficial effects similar to those produced by mild toilet soap. Skin Contact: Mild skin irritant. Prolonged skin contact may result in transient superficial effects similar to those produced by mild toilet soap. Ingestion: Oral ingestion may result in mild gastrointestinal irritation with nausea, vomiting or diarrhea. Ingestion of used or unused sheet by a young child or household pet may lead to impaction of the gastrointestinal tract. A physician or veterinarian should be contacted. Medical Conditions Generally Aggravated by Exposure: None known."

I think she's nuts and wouldn't do it in a million years

·
Registered
6,246 Posts
That stuff is toxic.

She is killing her dog.

People shouldn't even use it for their fabrics! (Plain vinegar works just as well.)

·
Premium Member
24,019 Posts
I remember reading some posts here about using dryer sheets to cut static or detract mosquitoes and remember hearing it was toxic so I can't even imagine how toxic the amount it would take to "condition" a dog would be.

·
Registered
5,653 Posts
oh wow. thats crazy! i mean it does smell good but thats strong , and the fluff licking that ? smh
i would never ever do that

·
Registered
1,555 Posts
Downy does smell good but I have never heard of or can even imagine someone using it in place of a conditioning rinse. So strange.....

·
Premium Member
4,623 Posts
While she is at it, maybe she can give the bath with Tide. What is wrong with people?

·
Premium Member
596 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
I was shocked

I was STUNNED :w00t: and when I told her I washed my poochies faces with johnson and johnson baby bath she started laughing. I really cannot undertsand where peoplw get these crazy ideas :angry:

1 - 11 of 11 Posts