Maltese Dogs Forum : Spoiled Maltese Forums banner
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Premium Member
15,201 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
In FaceBook, sometimes spammers post randomly via someone's account. Can this happen in SM too?

I am questioning because this evening I saw 2 strange threads. They weren't the typical spammers' threads that pops up during the weekends mostly. Well, I saw the typical spammers thread today too, but what I also saw is a strange thread posted in the (everything else maltese related section of the forum) by an SM member with a title "Ridiculous". It was a brand new thread that I clicked on to read. The content of that thread said: "This is just a joke :thumbsup:" ...... me thinking ---> Huh?
I clicked back to leave the thread and navigate to the previous page. Once i did that, the thread disappeared - in just few seconds of starting it :blink:

The second thread I saw, started with a title "Why do my threads....." When I clicked on it to read, it directed me to a page where it asked me sign in. I did sign in again, but when i returned, i could not find that thread:blink: again in just seconds it was gone.

My question is: can spammers do that? I know that they can in FB. Now I am thinking; "yikes, what if they did that to my own account here:w00t:" ... hey guys, if there was ever a strange thread from my side, please know that it is not me.

Spammers are ANNOYING :smilie_tischkante:

·
Premium Member
8,521 Posts
No, i don't think that can happen. Some of the threads are being deleted for some reason. The other one Why do my threads... has been closed, but the same thing happened to me. I clicked on it and then had to sign back on. Something is going on and i don't know why threads are being closed or deleted.

·
Premium Member
15,201 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
No, i don't think that can happen. Some of the threads are being delted for some reason. The other one Why do my threads... has been closed, but the same thing happened to me. I clicked on it and then had to sign back on. Something is going on and i don't know why threads are being closed or deleted.
Thanks for the clarification, Debbie!

As long as they aren't caused by spammers, I feel better, knowing that my account is safe!

I hate it when it happens in FB; that's for sure!!!!

·
Premium Member
15,201 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Kat, the same thing happened to me this morning too....:confused1:

With SEVERAL threads!

I saw several threads/posts of spammers (I am sure) but then a couple of strange threads from members :blink:

Maybe weekends are just not the best days to SM :unsure:

·
Premium Member
15,201 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 · (Edited)
I wonder why certain member's threads are either being closed or deleted. Why are they being singled out all of the sudden? :huh:
The thread that I read its content (then in few seconds vanished) didn't make sense, but i know from previous times, that never caused a thread to be deleted in split seconds...which made me wonder if it could be spammers since i already found several spammers posts today. My concern was if it was something similar to FB and my account here can also be used by spammers.

awwh dear Debbie, better not question....

"If your post or thread was removed, do not start a thread asking why. This action will subject you to warning, suspension or ban. If a thread or post is removed, it means that the admin or mod removed it in the best interest of the forum’s community and no explanation will be forthcoming"

If they were actual threads (not caused by spammers), there must be a reason behind it, but better stick to the above rule....
:grouphug:
Kat

·
Premium Member
8,521 Posts
The thread that I read its content (then in few seconds vanished) didn't make sense, but i know from previous times, that never caused a thread to be deleted in split seconds...which made me wonder if it could be spammers since i already found several spammers posts today. My concern was if it was something similar to FB and my account here can also be used by spammers.

awwh dear Debbie, better not question....

"If your post or thread was removed, do not start a thread asking why. This action will subject you to warning, suspension or ban. If a thread or post is removed, it means that the admin or mod removed it in the best interest of the forum’s community and no explanation will be forthcoming"

If they were actual threads (not caused by spammers), there must be a reason behind it, but better stick to the above rule....
:grouphug:
Kat

Thank you Kat for the friendly reminder, no more questioning. :grouphug:

·
Premium Member
596 Posts
threads

2 of mine were removed. ( HOW SAD ) anyways, I read more than I post! so who cares

·
Premium Member
596 Posts
I agree

I think that we may be having a problem that Yung will need to address on Monday. I think he's off for the weekend.
This issue with deleting threads should be addressed soon. As long as we are civil to each other we are all entitled to our own opinions.

I for one, have not offended or mistreated anyone. I felt like that particular thread was informative and well handled by all. ;)

as always, let us all keep in mind that no 1 is 100% of EVERYTHING! I just learned that a dog can have ITP. Who would have ever guessed? i just also learned about separating vaccines is possible for the fluffs. I just wish we would all be kinder to each other. That is all! I also found out today that I am able to place those I do not care for on the ignore list. This is great! for those with little or NO tolerance. I read ALL posts and follow threads of interest. After all, I came here to learn and exchange ideas. I have enough stress at work this place is filled with adorable fllufs warm and caring people that go out of their way to save those babies that are abandoned. These are all great stories and I love to read them.

Anyways... have a great evening ALL!

·
Registered
2,327 Posts
My thread from last night entitled "Vaccinations and General Health" was removed today, too.

·
Premium Member
Sandi-- w/Kitzel (Kitzi) & Lisel (Lisi)
17,980 Posts
I have had the situation Kat mentioned happen to me on FB---so I understand what she means. It went on for a full 2 days and then disappeared. I hope it isn't happening here.

On Friday Europe was totally closed off from SM---until about 4:00ish in the aft. after I sent Yung an email. I did not get a reply to my inquiry but service was restored. What does that mean?
I am concerned about this issue and hope that someone will come forward to explain what is going on w/SM.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts