Maltese Dogs Forum : Spoiled Maltese Forums banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
994 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Not to be gross or anything the last few days i notice maxi isnt really doing number 2 before i get crazy and bring him to the vet do any of your babies go through this i mean he only went once yesterday morning and has only been going once a day for a week now is there anything i can give him over the counter he usually goes atleast twice a day im concerned

·
Registered
4,035 Posts
I'm no expert but Peanut has days where he'll only poo once. Usually Peanut goes after a heavy play session or a long walk. Exercise seems to work for Peanut.

·
Registered
994 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I mean he is down to only wantingto eat once a day and he eats his snacks which maybe that could be stuffing him up i keep checking his tummy to see if its bloated
but he hasnt gone since he ate yesterday at 4ish so i get concerned

·
Registered
894 Posts
Sis had that problem, we freaked and went to the Vet...she said to give her a teaspoon or two of canned pumpkin (not pumpkin pie mix, just plain pumpkin). I swear it was not an hour later and we had results.....I have noticed that the elimination is directly related to her eating habits. She has free access to dry kibble all day, and only nibbles at that off and on, but she has her canned x2 a day, she usually goes about 1/2 hour to 1 hour after the canned food....the Vet also told us she was most likely not drinking enough water, she was to busy....

·
Registered
1,672 Posts
That freaks me out when Pico misses his poo, too. Our day revolves around Pico's Poops!

He used to go twice a day but the past couple of years he is down to once a day and from time to time he will skip a day and make it up the next morning with a big 3-dumper. So I don't worry about a day skipped but more than that and I'd be doing something. I like the pumpkin idea except you have to open a whole can of pumpkin for a teaspoonful! Sounds like pumpkin bread baking time to me.

·
Registered
894 Posts
I froze the pumpkin in an ice cube tray and then put the "cubes" in a zip lock plastic bag and froze them. That way I didn't waste the pumpkin, but I had it available if she needed it again. I use to do that with the kids baby food when I use to make it in big batches (Lord that was eons ago).

·
Registered
7,840 Posts
Brinkley does this every so often...but makes up for it in the next few days by pooing LOTS!
I would prefer him to stay on schedule myself, there seems to be no rhyme or reason to his...so I don't know...it does eventually come out though...LOL!

·
Registered
522 Posts
I froze the pumpkin in an ice cube tray and then put the "cubes" in a zip lock plastic bag and froze them.[/B]
Sisse's Momma, what a great idea. I would never have thought of that. I should do some up ahead of time so if or when Izzy has that problem, I'll be prepared. Thanks.

·
Registered
7,428 Posts
Originally posted by 20202@Mar 3 2005, 02:13 PM
I froze the pumpkin in an ice cube tray and then put the "cubes" in a zip lock plastic bag and froze them.
Sisse's Momma, what a great idea. I would never have thought of that. I should do some up ahead of time so if or when Izzy has that problem, I'll be prepared. Thanks.
<div align="right">index.php?act=findpost&pid=39634
[/B][/QUOTE]

That is a great idea! I know when I had to give it to Lexi I ended up throwing away more than 3/4 the can. I was hoping to find some little cans of it but that is a great idea.

·
Registered
894 Posts
Joe calls me the "freezer queen", we have citrus trees and I always squeeze the fruit and freeze "cubes" of all of them. Put them in zip locks and whenever I need some lemon or lime juice for cooking I just pop in a cube!! It's also great for adding to plain water in our hot summer months here in Tucson....I can't stand drinking just plain water.....

1 - 12 of 12 Posts