Maltese Dogs Forum : Spoiled Maltese Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
26 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello,
I'm new to the forum but I have a question. My Maltese is just about to turn 1yr old. The day before New Years eve she ate a sewing needle (it's a long story, but the short version is that she was by herself for all of 30 seconds and managed to eat a sewing needle with thread attached) so anyway she had to have surgery to remove it of course, We were planning on having her fixed just after the new year but since she had to have the surgery we had to put it off until she completley healed (the vet could not do both operations at the same time due to the large cut). Just last week she went into heat for the first time. My question is when can/should I schedule her appointment? Any information would be appreciated.
Thanks... :D

·
Registered
608 Posts
She and my lab Ranger must be related somwhere distant cousins maybe... He ate an entire mop head when he was 8 months old. Now you would think he would have chewed it up but no he swallowed it whole. You can set the appt for right after she is in heat. Most vets prefer not to spay while in heat.

·
Registered
3,483 Posts
I think you should ask your doctor. If the wound is healed like the Dr wanted, then spay her after her cycle is done.

·
Registered
26 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Thanks for the info....another question, on her tail sort of where it bends over her back, there is brown stuff on her skin....It looks like she was playing in the dirt, but it's there all the time even after her bath..does anyone know what it could be?
Sorry, another question.... Mia loves cat food....she never has access to it because I know that she would eat it instead of her own, but if a piece of dry food falls on the floor she can't wait to get it. I'm ok with this, one piece of cat food every few months is not going to hurt her I know, but my problem is that she loves to eat my cat's poo......I know, gross but I have no idea how to get her to stop, we always try and make sure to clean the litter at least a few times a day, but sometimes she still manages to get to the litter before we do. Any suggestions on how to get her to stop? We can't really move the litter to another room becuase we are limited on space...Thanks again....

·
Registered
7,428 Posts
Originally posted by Miasmom@Apr 26 2005, 09:18 AM
Thanks for the info....another question, on her tail sort of where it bends over her back, there is brown stuff on her skin....It looks like she was playing in the dirt, but it's there all the time even after her bath..does anyone know what it could be?
<div align="right">index.php?act=findpost&pid=56737
[/QUOTE]
Does the brown stuff look like a cow spot? If so that is normal. A lot of maltese have them. I was so shocked when I gave Lexi her first bath. She had 3/4 spots. She looked like a cow.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts