Maltese Dogs Forum : Spoiled Maltese Forums banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
2,035 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I've read some other posts where some of you had talked about cleaning agents making a dog sick. Are these things still a threat even after they've dried. For example, I cleaned the kitchen floor with the Clorox ready mop. Well, this is also the room that Tucker stays in while we are away. Now that he's sick, all of these things are running through my mind. I'm not saying that's what made him sick, but just wondering.

·
Registered
860 Posts
Originally posted by TuckersMom@Aug 5 2005, 12:39 PM
I've read some other posts where some of you had talked about cleaning agents making a dog sick.  Are these things still a threat even after they've dried.  For example, I cleaned the kitchen floor with the Clorox ready mop.  Well, this is also the room that Tucker stays in while we are away.  Now that he's sick, all of these things are running through my mind.  I'm not saying that's what made him sick, but just wondering.
<div align="right">index.php?act=findpost&pid=87466
[/QUOTE]
I would find it hard to believe he is sick due Clorox ready mop. I mop my floors an plus in the dog house with clorox water an mr. clean.They have even walked on it while it was still wet an I have never had any problems. But one might not ever know every dog could have different reactions. What is he doing that makes you think he is sick.
Teaco

·
Registered
2,035 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Originally posted by Teaco+Aug 5 2005, 12:53 PM-->
<!--QuoteBegin-TuckersMom
@Aug 5 2005, 12:39 PM
I've read some other posts where some of you had talked about cleaning agents making a dog sick.  Are these things still a threat even after they've dried.  For example, I cleaned the kitchen floor with the Clorox ready mop.  Well, this is also the room that Tucker stays in while we are away.  Now that he's sick, all of these things are running through my mind.  I'm not saying that's what made him sick, but just wondering.
<div align="right">index.php?act=findpost&pid=87466
I would find it hard to believe he is sick due Clorox ready mop. I mop my floors an plus in the dog house with clorox water an mr. clean.They have even walked on it while it was still wet an I have never had any problems. But one might not ever know every dog could have different reactions. What is he doing that makes you think he is sick.
Teaco
<div align="right">index.php?act=findpost&pid=87471
[/B][/QUOTE]
I have another post in this forum titled "Tucker's sick" if you want to read it, but to try to make a long story short he was vommitting and had diarrhea and not eating. He stayed overnight with the vet last night with an IV and probably not coming home tonight either.

·
Registered
860 Posts
I would say if he isn't any better by tomorrow I would take him back to the vet. I have had some of mine get the poo's an puke but don't last much more then a day or two though. I will give mine some of that Nutra-cal keep their blood sugar up cause i know they are already week. My vet said it can't hurt them an mine seem to love it. Just a thought and it might not work for your baby but don't think it will hurt him ither.. Just cuddle him an make sure he is drinking water. I hope he gets to feeling better. Keep us posted on how he is doing
Teaco

·
Registered
2,035 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Oops, not the exact title but you get the idea. Thanks K/C for the link. I don't know how to do that.

·
Registered
2,035 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Originally posted by Teaco@Aug 5 2005, 01:07 PM
I would say if he isn't any better by tomorrow I would take him back to the vet. I have had some of mine get the poo's an puke but don't last much more then a day or two though. I will give mine some of that Nutra-cal keep their blood sugar up cause i know they are already week. My vet said it can't hurt them an mine seem to love it. Just a thought and it might not work for your baby but don't think it will hurt him ither.. Just cuddle him an make sure he is drinking water. I hope he gets to feeling better. Keep us posted on how he is doing
Teaco
<div align="right">index.php?act=findpost&pid=87482
[/QUOTE]
Actually the vet still has him. He took him home with him last night and gave an IV. I can't wait to get him home so I can cuddle him. I may never let go.

·
Registered
3,287 Posts
I have read(cant remember where) that you need to use pet friendly products to clean your house.I even stopped using the carpet fresh because of the article.I use cleaners I buy at the health food store,that are safe for pets & humans.
I really dont know that what you have cleaned with has made your poor Tucker so ill,I know alot of ppl. use bleech to clean with.But I personally have just decided not to take any chances ,when its just as good to clean with the safe ones.They are really better for all of us.
Again,Im not saying thats what made him ill ,just letting all know what Ive read!

I really dont think its what you used to clean,so please dont feel bad.

·
Registered
1,098 Posts
I use the ready mop all the time. Lacey has never been ill (knock on wood) so I don't think that is the problem...don't feel guilty thinking you did something to cause this, you are a great mom!

Lacey and I send kisses and hugs your way.

·
Registered
2,004 Posts
I normally clean the floors with vingar and water it does a good job and I don't get that bleach smell after. When the dogs got flea's the vet told us to bleach the floors so that what I did.. you can rince them after . for the puppies crate we have a enviroment frendly product we picked up from the vet it is just like natures miricle and smells good

1 - 10 of 10 Posts