·
Registered
994 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
A friend in the neighborhood has a maltese male
he is a little older than maxi he got him at 6 months
he is adorable but he doesnt look so much like a maltese
he has these 2 big champagne spots on him i mean big spots
can malteses have that , when maxi was little he had some lemon on his ears and neck area but its no longer there he is 99% white but even when he had the shades of lemon it was not prominent like this furbaby
did you guys ever see that or does anyones baby on here have big lemon spots
im just curious

·
Registered
7,840 Posts
Originally posted by Maxismom@Sep 12 2005, 05:30 PM
A friend in the neighborhood has a maltese male
he is a little older than maxi he got him at 6 months
he is adorable but he doesnt look so much like a maltese
he has these 2 big champagne spots on him i mean big spots
can malteses have that , when maxi was little he had some lemon on his ears and neck area but its no longer there he is 99% white but even when he had the shades of lemon it was not prominent like this furbaby
did you guys ever see that or does anyones baby on here have big lemon spots
im just curious

<div align="right">index.php?act=findpost&pid=98933
[/QUOTE]

I think Spottypoo told me at one time that Lizzie has a big apricot spot on her back...
I don't THINK I made that up.

Does she Joe?

·
Registered
4,515 Posts
Originally posted by tlunn@Sep 12 2005, 06:38 PM
I think Spottypoo told me at one time that Lizzie has a big apricot spot on her back...
I don't THINK I made that up.

Does she Joe?
<div align="right">index.php?act=findpost&pid=98939
[/QUOTE]

the spot on her back is fading it seems, she also has a spot on the back of her right ear, I would have to look at the "standard" again but some lemon is allowed and most of the time it will go away, Sampson had lemon when he was a pup and it disappeared, Maggie I dont think had any, most of the time these things will "grow out" after the first year

if the spots are real big and he is more than a year old i would say they will probably not go away and are from 1) bad breeding or 2) cross breeding (not 100% Maltese)

·
Registered
486 Posts
most of the time the spots do fade with age. However two of the very well bred maltese I work with have color. One is just her ears but quite dark, the other her ears are dark and she has a spot on her back. It could have a mix somwhere down the line but well bred malts can have them well into their elder years.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts