Maltese Dogs Forum : Spoiled Maltese Forums banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
118 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Kirby is getting neutered on Tues., Aug 26th. The Vet has all the needed equipment to run the blood work there to check everything prior to surgery. He is getting dropped off at 7:30 am and will be there until 4pm.

My main concern with him is his normal level of activity is very high. I had asked about pain meds when I made the appointment and she said the Dr. doesn't usually send home pain meds but I will be able to ask her Monday. What I am wondering is, is there something that can just calm him down for a few days. I'd even try sleepy time tea if that worked for puppys, valerian root, melatonin....I'm all in favor of natural products. However, I would really like to have maybe a very low dose sedative for him so that he doesn't get into the usual night time zoooomies.

Any suggestions, anyone?????

·
Registered
118 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
I love the pictures of Mia and Leo :wub: Thank you for sharing them Allheart. Thank you all for the encouragement and information. It is very encouraging to hear that even the most active ones are calm after the surgery.

I know everything is going to be just fine and I thank God for the blessing of being Kirby's mom. He is so precious!!!

I already got him a few onsies, we tried them on last week the day before he got groomed. So, we're all set. :thumbsup:

Attachments

1 - 2 of 2 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.