Maltese Dogs Forum : Spoiled Maltese Forums banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi
I'm new to this community! I adopted a beautiful older rescue Maltese named Pearl, we had her for 4 years. Last week I came downstairs in the morning and found her lifeless body on the floor she was fine the day/ night. before. Our hearts are broken, she was my constant companion and buddy. We just adopted a few days ago another rescue older Maltese named Cindy Lou. She has no teeth lol and has naso-oral fistulas that were operated {4x} on without sucess. Her foster mom said after these surgeries she didn't want to put her through anymore which is ok with me. I'll take her to our vet for a complete checkup. My questions are she eats small kibble moistened with warm water are there any liquid supplements or vitamins I can add to help her. She doesn't eat wet food as it tends to get into the fistulas. Also is there anything else anyone can tell me esp about these fistulas (i'll talk with the vet too) personal experience etc. I want to make it as great as I can for Cindy Lou. Thanks for any input !!
Davesis

·
Super Moderator
10,364 Posts
First, thank you for giving your babies a wonderful life! I've had great experience at using complementary care from a holistic vet in combination with "traditional Western" care from my regular vet. My holistic vet evaluates the pup from a TCM perspective and uses supplements, Chinese herbs, and homeopathic remedies to support the care and diagnosis from the traditional regular vet. Good luck!

1 - 3 of 3 Posts