Maltese Dogs Forum : Spoiled Maltese Forums banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
1,248 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi everyone I just had a really quick question about the kind of food to feed the puppy when she gets here. I wanted to know if any of the really good holistic and all natural foods that you guys feed your dogs can be bought at Petsmart or Petco or if they need to be ordered off the internet. Thanks, Lori

p.s. my puppy comes in a week and a half!!

·
Registered
7,428 Posts
I feed Lexi Innova. It is a great food. They recently came out with a Small Breed version. If you can find the Puppy Small Breed it would be great. There is a store locator on their website: Innova.

·
Registered
2,415 Posts
I feed Bella chicken soup, the same kind Kodie'smom already posted, mixed with Flint River Ranch. I'm not sure, but I think you can only get Flint River online. Just google it and you'll get tons of distributors. There are lots of other good foods too though. If I were to get a new puppy, I would probaby feed chicken soup kibble because it comes in small pieces already. Bella's favorite is the Flint River, but the pieces are so big I don't know if a puppy could handle it. Most websites offer a complete list of ingreddients, so whatever brand you choose I'm sure it will work out. Good luck

·
Registered
1,428 Posts
For those of you who use the Chicken Soup brand of food--do you order it over the internet? It seems the shipping is almost as much as the food!!
I'm not one of the lucky ones that has it in my area so I'd have to order it.......so I'm looking for the best site to buy it from? Thanks for you help.

·
Registered
7,840 Posts
Originally posted by RubyJeansmom@Jun 7 2005, 12:22 PM
For those of you who use the Chicken Soup brand of food--do you order it over the internet? It seems the shipping is almost as much as the food!! 
  I'm not one of the lucky ones that has it in my area so I'd have to order it.......so I'm looking for the best site to buy it from? Thanks for you help. 

<div align="right">index.php?act=findpost&pid=70086
[/QUOTE]

I have ordered it from Petfooddirect.com...they weren't too bad, and ran specials...but I finally went to the home site for Chicken Soup and pulled up the list of distributors in my area. I happened to find a very small pet supply shop in the town where my husband works almost an hour away that sells it. You might try that!

Pet Food Direct?

Chicken Soup locator page

·
Registered
144 Posts
My little Cha Cha is finicky! A GREAT wet food is "Wellness". It's hollistic. I put a holistic dry in with it called Merrick puppy blend. It had dried veggies in it which she LOVES!!! I live in NYC, so all of these products are bought in speciaty stores. Big chains carry "limited" hollistic brands.
Another thing I do is put white meat chicken breast in the food. She will eat all.
A GREAT hollistic snack is by "Solid Gold" and there semi-soft buscuits called Little Bites. I give her 2 per day. She is approaching 7 months and I feed her her meals twice daily. Hope this helps you!!! My baby is SOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO picky!!!

Jellybn1

·
Registered
277 Posts
<span style="font-family:Times">The petsmart near my house sells Buffalo Blue brand dog food which is hollistic and petco sells solid gold, and natural balance. Good luck on finding your new furbaby some good food </span>

1 - 10 of 10 Posts