Maltese Dogs Forum : Spoiled Maltese Forums banner
1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Registered
13,097 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Well my little boy is having a dental tomorrow. I take him in about 8:30AM. Oh how I hate having to leave the little guy but truly he is such a laid back little 'go with the flow" pooch he doesn't seem to mind.
I take a pee pad but he hasn't used it when there...he just 'holds", dear little fellow. I think he doesn't know it's OK. Even here, when I moved the pad location, it took some coaxing to let him know it was OK to use it there at the new spot.
Asking for prayers all goes well for my little guy.

·
Premium Member
20,083 Posts
aww, my widdle dude, Quincy. I just love that little guy, sure would be fun to see a picture or two of him sometime....:rockon: *hint*

Good luck with the dental, I'll say a prayer for him.

·
Registered
1,128 Posts
Sending good vibes to you and Quincy!

HUGz! Jules

·
Registered
13,097 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Well I dropped him off and he was totally relaxed about the whole thing... went off with the 'attendant' with no fuss....mama on the other hand always tears up!! LOL
I call at 2 PM and hopefully will be able to pick him up shortly thereafter!
Little Naddie is acting very 'concerned'... doesn't understand where her little 'buddy' is I guess.

Thanks everyone... I'm confident he'll be fine.... BUT... still a mama that won't relax till it's over!

Deb...will be keeping little Riley in my prayers for Mondays dental.

·
Registered
41 Posts
Good luck with your little boys dental today. I'm sure everything is going to go wonderful but I certainly understand the tearing up!
I'd love to see a picture of his beautiful smile after you pick him up this afternoon.
Carol

·
Registered
13,097 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
Well, my boy is home. had to send hubby to get him as my work schedule didn't work out as planned.
The I put him in his little bed at work and he went right to sleep...still a bit loopy.
They had to do one extraction( upper molar but forget which rt or lft and I didn't want to mess around his mouth to take a look see.) They gave him antibiotic but I have to follow up with oral at home starting tomorrow for 10 days.
They also did a Clindoral treatment. I didn't know what that was but something to do with the pockets to help rid bacteria and heal ( as best I can recall when I spoke with her.)
They also gave pain med via injection. I was told call tomorrow AM if I feel he is in any discomfort at all though she doesn't think he will be, but says she's working tomorrow so to not hesitate of I have concerns.
Only small bit of soft food tonight abt 8 PM.
I had asked while he was there to do his anal glands if needed as he is about due anyway and also to clip his nails which they said that is standard practice anyway.
Soooo the bill was $210.25... don't think that is too terrible for all that, I expected it to be more. The dentistry is $115 and extraction an additional $10. The balance for the various meds, anal glands, etc. ( no charge for the nails).
I've brought him here into the office with me while little Naddie eats . I like to keep her on her reg schedule for her' potty-body-clock'. I'll try to get some photos... haven't loaded my camera CD onto the new computer yet and truthfully he looks a bit 'shabby' tonight LOL
Thanks for all the prayers and good wishes for my little man!

·
Registered
13,097 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
Well one thing... he's not being vocal...kind of nice LOL

I softened his food up real well and gave him in 1/3 increments.... got a bit of a dirty look after the first 'round' ..like "ya mean THAT's it??? " LOL
Then Naddie ( who had already eaten earlier) gives me a dirty look when I gave Quincy round 2... like" "WHAT?? none for me? "... ya can't win with these twirps!

Ahhhh but I love them to pieces!!!

1 - 20 of 22 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.