Maltese Dogs Forum : Spoiled Maltese Forums banner

1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
13,404 Posts
That video was so sweet! Thanks for sharing, Kerry. :)

·
Premium Member
24,019 Posts
OMG :smcry: Kerry, how beautiful. I kept thinking he should have knocked on your door. :wub: I too wondered if you knew Katie. What a difference a little fluff like that can make for people.
This story rang so familiar with me as a New Yorker because I too had a neighbor Pearl who was like an extra grandmother to my son. She would give him the same gifts she gave her grandchildren and when we went fruit picking I'd always have my DS bring some into Pearl. Or I'd bake for her. She had macular degeneration so my DH the engineer would hook up the camera to her tv so printed words could be magnified. She loved "seeing" Tyler, though she was almost totally blind. We lost Pearl this year a few weeks after my MIL died. Her kids decided she should be in assisted living in Florida instead of in NYC with her caregiver of many years. She only lasted three weeks down there and died because the hospital didn't understand her medications and really messed up. We were, and are, bereft by the loss of our wonderful neighbor. :crying 2:
I am close with many of my neighbors on my floor (there are 20 apts to a floor) and Tyler has charmed them all. We now have five dogs on the floor and one of those weird looking hairless cats :w00t: whom Tyler loves to hang out with. It really is like an extended family. I'd like to read that book. The video was beautiful. Thanks for sharing Kerry.

·
Premium Member
3,388 Posts
Loved that heartwarming story. Dogs certainly do have a way of weaving a connection with others where there might not otherwise be. I went to a function Tues night where I was seated at a table filled with strangers. The instant one of them said something about her rescue, there was a bond; we were no longer strangers. Thank you for sharing.

·
Premium Member
8,106 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Sadly, the lady Pearl died a few years ago. Just like your Pearl, Sue. Then, when Katy died, it was horrible seeing Glenn without his girl. They were always together. I'm happy to say Glenn has a new cocker in his life, a baby named Suzy. A little spitfire. I guess that's another story. LOL
xoxoxoxo

·
Premium Member
24,171 Posts
:crying: Oh the wisdom Glenn has, if only we could all touch one another the way he just touched my heart with his story. Kerry thank you, you made my day. I honestly feel like SM is like that hallway, when we need help we can come here and feel loved and cared about, we can laugh together and mourn together, we can disagree and agree, just think it is our little dogs who draw so many of us together to make us family. Who would have guessed. I have this written in my Bible "friends are relatives you make for yourself", aww I guess I have many relatives here.:grouphug:

·
Premium Member
4,905 Posts
What a wonderful story Kerry. Thanks so much for sharing it with us. I'm glad to know that Glenn has a new cocker in his life, spitfire Suzy.
Paula you are right, SM is our hallway. It makes me feel the same way as you describe. You sure do have a lot of relatives here and I feel like one of them.:grouphug:

·
Premium Member
24,019 Posts
:crying: Oh the wisdom Glenn has, if only we could all touch one another the way he just touched my heart with his story. Kerry thank you, you made my day. I honestly feel like SM is like that hallway, when we need help we can come here and feel loved and cared about, we can laugh together and mourn together, we can disagree and agree, just think it is our little dogs who draw so many of us together to make us family. Who would have guessed. I have this written in my Bible "friends are relatives you make for yourself", aww I guess I have many relatives here.:grouphug:
:goodpost: So true. :sLo_grouphug3:

·
Registered
10,733 Posts
When we used to go to NYC to the Javitts at Toy Fair time (usually near Velaentine's Day) we'd always bring our dogs. It's funny,you'd see NYer's hustling and bustling,in a hurry to get somewhere,so straight faced and serious,then they'd see our dogs and they'd pause and smile or ask to pet them.
It's like dogs can bring you to a happier calmer place,even in one of the busiest cities in the US...
Of course first place she learned about was the corner hotdog vendor,after her first bite of a NYC "dog",she was hooked,she'd smell those dogs and drag us to the hotdog vendor...
My weakness was Devil Dogs and black and whites...

·
Registered
7,915 Posts
Oh Kerry, I am speachless, what a beautiful story. Bless all of them. Thank you so much for sharing. So touching and so true. The love lives on forever.

·
Premium Member
13,418 Posts
What a beautiful photo of Katie, what a sweet video. I read this at work but couldn't reply there, or I'd be crying. I thought Pearl and her husband were so happy and lucky to have family so close to them. There's something cosy about in an apartment building and being friends with your neighbors.

1 - 20 of 21 Posts