Maltese Dogs Forum : Spoiled Maltese Forums banner
1 - 20 of 37 Posts

·
Premium Member
3,201 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Ralph is our new foster... He was found as a stray way out in Buckeye which is about 1 hour west of us and more or less out in the middle of no where...

He obviously had been someone's pet and was house trained and very personable. However, he had not been groomed or even bathed in a long time and smelled bad enough we had to open all the car windows just to bring him back home! He had never been neutered and obviously never had a dental. He was seriously dehydrated and very very skinny and weak. I'm guessing someone lost their house and had no money to take care of him so they just dumped him out. How he managed to not be eaten by a coyote, I do not know. I'm guessing that he had been out on his own for some time, to be as bad off as he was. He had a bad infection because of his dental situation and in spite of being skin and bones, he just about did not eat the first few days.

The vet could not even do a dental on him until the infection was somewhat taken care of. Suddenly, after being on an antibiotic for a couple days, he started eating and clearly felt better. He finally had his dental last Friday and will be neutered in another week or so.

We took pictures of him, but right now, the pictures are scrambled in the camera and I have to figure out that situation before I can post anything.

Ralph is estimated to be maybe 7 years old. I had him running around outside like a mad man a little while ago, so he continues to feel better.

·
Registered
1,415 Posts
You and Peg are always there for the little ones. I know you will do wonders for little Ralph.
So glad to see you back and please don't forget to let us know all the details, where have you been, how is Peg doing. We missed you.

·
Registered
10,753 Posts
OMG I can't believe a coyote didn't get him either... It's funny we're starting to hear more sightings in town than in the country now. They can get easy pickins in town,than in the country. In town people tend to have lots of little dogs,cats and even pet bunnies so they don't need to fight off big country dogs and the few cats we have in the country. Plus lots of trash cans to raid...

I'm so glad this little guy found his way to you. Can't wait for piccies.

·
Premium Member
5,787 Posts
Welcome back, Steve. Ralph is one lucky little guy to have found you and Peg. Can't wait to see pictures and hear of his adventures in finding a furever home. Hugs,

Linda

·
Premium Member
24,033 Posts
Steve - So great to hear from you and Peg and what terrific news. Lucky Ralph :chili::chili: He has no idea how happy he's going to be. So sad to hear his fate but now we know he's in good - no great -- hands. How is Peg doing? Just thinking of her earlier tonight. How freaky is that?:w00t:

·
Premium Member
20,083 Posts
You are so kind. (Steve, don't let that go to your head)

I can't wait to see pictures of this little guy.....Peg.

I take it all is well with you guys....as I often wonder. Love you two. :wub:

·
Registered
13,097 Posts
Ahh Steve and Peg...once again you've become a guardian-angel for one of these wee ones! God Bless you!
Looking forward to seeing photos of little Ralph! I know he'll be fit as a fiddle in no time under your and Peg's diligent care!

·
Premium Member
3,201 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
I'm still having no luck getting the pictures out of the cameras. We have two digital camera and the older one started giving me an error message some time ago about the *.jpg files not being in the proper format for iPhoto to download. I did not think much of it, we just used the newer camera.

Well, what would you expect but now the newer camera is doing exactly the same thing!

We use these cameras on two different Macs... my desktop and Peg's laptop. If anyone has any idea, I'd appreciate it as right now, I'm stuck!!:smilie_tischkante:

·
Premium Member
3,201 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
Not that this has ANYTHING at all to do with this thread, but Peg is done with the main chemo and starts what will probably be 5 weeks or so of radiation next week. She is feeling absolutely fine, looks fine, acts normal (may or may not be good, depending on your point of view :HistericalSmiley:)

The radiation takes something like 10 minutes per day and the hospital where she will get it is all of 3 blocks away from here...

She also had a pet scan two weeks ago and it was essentially clean, so that is good.

·
Premium Member
10,319 Posts
That is wonderful Steve!!! My sister in law was diagnosed with colon cancer in Nov or Dec last year. She took the radiation first and now she is on the chemo.........She seems to be doing well but it has been tough. She has been very sick. She is in Atlanta. I hope she does as well as Peg has.........

1 - 20 of 37 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.