Maltese Dogs Forum : Spoiled Maltese Forums banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
382 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I don't understand what is going on, but tonight I received my second phone call this week from someone looking to rehome their little one because they just decided they didn't want it any more!! Wednesday I got a call about a little yorkie. He is a year old and they are having too hard of a time potty training him, so they are leaving him outside in this cold!! I found a home with a lady I know who has a 15 year old yorkie for the little boy, but tonight I got another call about a woman who has a year old malte-poo little boy. The man is a pharmacist and they are going on vacation and his wife is having surgery, so they decided he doesn't want the pup any more. :angry:

I can't have another pup right now! I haven't finished college and I have two to take care of, so I just can't take another one, but I sure feel guilty every time I have to say no!! Then I feel like I need to find the little one a home. :angry:

Sorry, I just had to rant...

·
Premium Member
24,175 Posts
that does say something about you, they know you have a loving heart and that's why they called you. Your one in a million:wub: I will never understand why people get dogs if they haven't commited to them for life, there are always cases where it can't be helped but most times they just don't want to be bothered. I hope he or she finds a wondeful home

·
Premium Member
8,521 Posts
Ronni, i'm so sorry that your getting these phone calls. Is there anyway that you can direct these people to rescue groups. It just makes me so mad about some of the people out there.:exploding: Why do people get pets and not take the time to train them and just leave them in the cold? I mean when kids are younger we don't expect them to be completely potty trained, we work with them why wouldn't you do that for a pet? Hugs, Ronni for all your doing. :grouphug:

·
Registered
10,733 Posts
Yeah I get that too. It makes me mad since as soon as they call it puts the guilt on me. They just transfer it just like that and walk away from it.
It's because we care,they can use that against us.
How poeple can do that is beyond me...

·
Premium Member
8,543 Posts
that does say something about you, they know you have a loving heart and that's why they called you. Your one in a million:wub: I will never understand why people get dogs if they haven't commited to them for life, there are always cases where it can't be helped but most times they just don't want to be bothered. I hope he or she finds a wondeful home
I can't understand either. There is a post right now on city-data forum where a woman wants to re-home her 2 shi tzus because she thinks they would be better off with rich people. :smilie_tischkante:

·
Registered
382 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
They call me because I live in a small town and everyone knows I used to do greyhound and IG rescue. We don't have animal control and the closest rescue is in Texarkana, which is only 30 miles, but sometimes they won't take them because they are so full. I've even had the vets call when they get an IG that needs a home.

It is just irritating because what I want to say is why in the world did you get a dog to begin with and why do you think it is okay to ask someone else to take care of your responsibilities!! :angry: Of course I don't because then I won't know what happens to the pup and I'll feel bad. If I can't find someone for the little boy, I'll contact the rescue I got Lizzie from, but they are privately run and have about 20 dogs right now, including two litters of puppies!!!:blink: The Humane Society of Texarkana wont' take him in unless I lie and say I found him in the Texarkana city limits, and I just don't like to do that. It just infuriates me that people refuse to take care of their responsibilities!!:angry:

·
Premium Member
4,225 Posts
You are such a kind person. It is hard to say no, especially when you find out they are leaving it out in the cold. :angry:

·
Premium Member
24,019 Posts
What a position to be put in. They do know how much you care and so they turn to you but you have your hands full. I hope you can find them some help. It's just so darn irresponsible of these pet owners. :angry:

·
Premium Member
17,468 Posts
I can't understand either. There is a post right now on city-data forum where a woman wants to re-home her 2 shi tzus because she thinks they would be better off with rich people. :smilie_tischkante:
That being said "maybe they would be. . . or w/ANYONE ELSE who would care about them more than she does."

·
Registered
10,733 Posts
They're the same people that will end up getting another one too. That infuriates me to no end..

Same here,people know I used to work at a shelter and I volunteer so they just dump them on me in a box in the middle of the night or flat out ask me or call when they see me.

I haven't had it happen in a while since we moved to Florida,then had to come back to take care of family but I'm sure it will. We also live in the country so they assume we have lots of room...

They not only don't want to face a lecture, our shelter does ask for a donation... but they don't want to know adoption rates and face what will happen if they don't get adopted since it's a kill shelter...

It's going to get much worse since the economy is so bad.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts