Maltese Dogs Forum : Spoiled Maltese Forums banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
7,741 Posts
yeah they are and so are grapes...can cause kidney probs....but he should be fine...he didnt eat that many...but dont give him any again.
keep an eye on him though if he gets worse bring him to the vet

·
Registered
939 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Originally posted by Kallie/Catcher's Mom+Dec 21 2004, 06:53 PM-->
<!--QuoteBegin-Denise&Chico
@Dec 21 2004, 06:24 PM
rasins are thye bad for dogs? chico ate 3 of them today and had some soft stool
thanks ~ Denise
<div align="right">index.php?act=findpost&pid=24736

ASPCA Poison Control Re: Grapes and Raisins Can Be Toxic To Dogs . . . - July 2004
<div align="right">index.php?act=findpost&pid=24750
[/B][/QUOTE]
oh brother that is great!! he seems ok and only had 4 that i know of and he did have soft stool i just hope my 3 yr didnt give him anymore after i left the room ,i told her not too it could make him sick she is 3 going on 23 lolthanks guys now i will worry all night

·
Registered
994 Posts
you may have just posted the missing puzzle piece
last month maxis best friend Diggy went into renal failure thank god my friend acted quick and he didnt die but all of us were trying to figure out what could have caused this i just read this article to her over the phone and she said she gives diggy grapes all the time so i think we may have figured this out
since for awhile we both thought maybe her boyfriend had something to do with it since he is so jealous of her baby that we wouldnt put it past him

·
Registered
942 Posts
I also hear that grapes are bad...I used to have a grape vine in my back yard and had to keep my dogs away from it. Luckily nothing happened to them. Your doggie sounds fine for now, and like you said, keeping an eye on him is a good idea. Once my dog (Rottie) ate something really bad, my vet told me to give her a mixture of cooked chicken and white rice, and I think with unsweetened yam. It worked. Her stool was back to normal. I think the rice helps absorb the toxins or something like that.

~Elegant

·
Registered
939 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Originally posted by Maxismom@Dec 22 2004, 12:14 PM
last month maxis best friend Diggy went into renal failure thank god my friend acted quick and he didnt die but all of us were trying to figure out what could have caused this i just read this article to her over the phone and she said she gives diggy grapes all the time so i think we may have figured this out
since for awhile we both thought maybe her boyfriend had something to do with it since he is so jealous of her baby that we wouldnt put it past him
<div align="right">index.php?act=findpost&pid=24896
[/QUOTE]
wow i hope he wouldnt do anything to a innocent animal maximom yeah chico had dierra once then he was ok thank god now i know no rasins!

·
Registered
942 Posts
Originally posted by Denise&Chico+Dec 22 2004, 11:10 AM-->
<!--QuoteBegin-Maxismom
@Dec 22 2004, 12:14 PM
wow i hope he wouldnt do anything to a innocent animal maximom yeah chico had dierra once then he was ok thank god now i know no rasins!

<div align="right">index.php?act=findpost&pid=24915
[/B][/QUOTE]
And I have Hybiscus in my backyard right now (I moved so now I am in a different house), and I heard that if dogs eat the flowers they may die...what's up with me and my backyards of toxins?

~Elegant

·
Registered
994 Posts
Originally posted by Denise&Chico+Dec 22 2004, 02:10 PM-->
<!--QuoteBegin-Maxismom
@Dec 22 2004, 12:14 PM

<div align="right">index.php?act=findpost&pid=24915
[/B][/QUOTE]

Yeah well i keep telling her that his jealousy is really not normal , it surprises me because she adores her baby with all her heart and soul so i cant imagine that she would ever leave him alone with him she actually threw him out of her house a few times because he doesnt let up about the dog
i mean personally if my boyfriend ever acted like that he would be gone
he knows besides he loves maxi and knows how much i do but yeah dont tthink it hasnt crossed my mind that if he had the opportunity he would hurt the dog ( not my boyfriend my friends)

1 - 10 of 10 Posts