Maltese Dogs Forum : Spoiled Maltese Forums banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
894 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Joe just called, he was out walking Sisse down the driveway. He let her have her lead and trot on up ahead of him. Sitting on the side of the drive by some big rocks was a rattlesnake. Sis hit the end of that lead (she is harnessed) and just about jerked the leash out of Joe's hand going after that snake. He said he yelled "sit, stay" and she DID IT!! She stopped about 4 feet short of the snake (which was by this time letting them know it was there), he carefully walked up to her and picked her up and headed into the house.........had it not been for her "training", such as it is, she could of gotten into a ton of trouble. So....moral of the story is, if you do NOTHING else, teach the "sit, stay" command. It saved Sisse's life.......

·
Registered
7,840 Posts
:eek: OMG! How scary!!!! :eek:
I am SO glad that Sis is such a good girl!

I would hate to think what would have happened had it been my looney toon...
I don't know that he would have listened, even though he knows those commands when he wants to.

Big hugs to all of you!
Hubby deserves a big treat too! :D

·
Registered
1,091 Posts
Arrrrgh....snakes!!! My second favorite thing after root canals at the dentist!
How wonderful that Sis listened so well!! What a good girl!
That could have gone ugly fast.......

·
Registered
7,486 Posts
Oh gosh! Disaster averted thanks to your training. Good going.

·
Registered
522 Posts
Holy Camooly!!!!!! You have rattlesnakes in your driveway??!! Sisse did better than I would have, I would still be running... in the opposite direction. Gosh, and to think I worry about hawks. I'm horrified that you have a rattlesnake neighbor but I'm so glad that Sisse listened. I'm sure Joe praised the heck out of her. What a good girl she is.

·
Registered
1,364 Posts
whoa! what a good girl that Sisse is!
I know Phoebe knows it when she wants to, but I doubt she would have listened in that situation!

I remember finding a 3' long snake in my driveway a couple of years ago. I was the only one home, and my Holli jumped right over it like it wasnt even there. My heart is probably still not back into position after coming down out of my throat!

Glad everyone is ok and way to go Sisse!!!

1 - 10 of 10 Posts