My vet suggested giving jack raw carrots as treats as he is overweight. I bought the baby carrots in a bag for him. Jack is a big boy so I never worried about choking. I was wrong, as he ate one last night he started choking. He scard the heck out of his dad and me. We really didn't know what to do so we just did what we did to our kids when they started choking. Patting him on the back, I tried to get it out. When he stopped choking, we saw it was just a little piece. I never would have though that he would coke on a piece that small. I will never give him carrots again. Is there a vegetable that is softer that he can eat? And is there a proper way to help them when they do choke? Any information is much appreciated. I want to be prepared if there is a next time. Plus I am getting a new furbaby next week who is going to be much smaller than jack. Thanks.