Maltese Dogs Forum : Spoiled Maltese Forums banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Lucas is just a puppy not even 7 pounds yet!! He eats kibble everyday and just a couple weeks ago we incorporated some other healthy foods. For example, plain Greek yogurt, vegetables, etcs. But raw diet was always open for discussion. I was wondering if any other Maltese owners feed their dog a raw diet. If so what are the portions or what do you give? (Raw chicken, liver, chicken heart?) I’ve done my research and raw diet in small dogs are similar just smaller portion sizes but I just wanted to put my concerns on here.

·
Registered
~ Angie w/ fur babies Bailey & Pickles
34 Posts
I am brand new to raw feeding myself. I am feeding Dr. Harvey's Oracle to my 2 furbabies. I chose this one first since it has meat in it. When they finish this bag they will start on his Raw Vibrance blend & I will add the meat myself so I can rotate the protein they have. I bought a small kitchen scale so I can weigh the meat.

With the Oracle they get 1/4 cup mix rehydrated with 1/4 cup warm/hot water.

As treats I give them things like a small spoon of plain greek yogurt, fruit, carrots, etc..

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I am brand new to raw feeding myself. I am feeding Dr. Harvey's Oracle to my 2 furbabies. I chose this one first since it has meat in it. When they finish this bag they will start on his Raw Vibrance blend & I will add the meat myself so I can rotate the protein they have. I bought a small kitchen scale so I can weigh the meat.

With the Oracle they get 1/4 cup mix rehydrated with 1/4 cup warm/hot water.

As treats I give them things like a small spoon of plain greek yogurt, fruit, carrots, etc..
Thank you so much! I will definitely be checking it out. I just hope their is no health problems with the slow transition.

·
Premium Member
LACIE, SUKI & LING LING ❤️❤️❤️
5,862 Posts
I like what Mal-shi mom plans to do, adding to the Vibrance base mix. With raw feeding you have to be sure your supplementing, so they wont lack in vitamins and minerals. I feed a dehydrated raw. It’s definitely not true raw feeding but better than feeding kibble etc.
I used to have a chart on how much protein they should be eating according to weight. If I remember correctly, i thought it was .3 oz per day for my girl who was 6 lbs then. Anyway...you could probably look that up, as well as to what supplements you should be adding, so that its balanced.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts