Maltese Dogs Forum : Spoiled Maltese Forums banner

1 - 20 of 38 Posts

·
Registered
7,840 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
-_- I am sorry, I have really tried to ignore and keep my mouth shut, but I cannot do it any longer.

The atmosphere of this forum has changed dramatically over the last few months. We have gotten many new members and that is wonderful!!! We had 99 people online at one time last week!

There are many that have joined us that are obvious supporters of MO. If that is the case, that is wonderful…but please do not come over here and bring the SAME attitude that most of us ran away from over there. Joe does not “moderate” the posts as Jay does over there. We have freedom of speech and expression, and until recently that has not been a problem. Suddenly we have people being offensive, others taking offense, and people are giving and receiving what many of you are calling “personal attacks”. If you want to see/hear about personal attacks, ask Joe to share with you the personal attacks and threats that have been made on/to him by the "moderator" over there! Those attacks and threats are just a few of the very reasons that I, along with several others refuse to support the MO site. If you like the way it is run over there, that is wonderful….most of us don’t.

In this forum we are allowed the freedom to be open, honest, silly, crazy, informative with brands, websites, and even talk about non-maltese nonsense…THAT IS WHY WE LIKE IT HERE!!!! Some of you obviously are above our silliness and our regular "pet owner" ramblings... and if that is the case, ignore it. Some of us are afraid to ask questions any more, (just like we were at MO)-because somewhere in the midst of the replies, there is going to be someone giving us holy heck, when all we did was ask a simple question!

There are lots of people on here now that are VERY knowledgeable about the breed and canines in general…that is wonderful, and I am sure you have a wealth of information to share, but in sharing that, please make sure that you are not talking “down” to the ones of us that are just regular old maltese “pet” owners that love our babies and want the best for them. I don’t want to make anyone really mad, but good-grief, some of us have really had enough!!! I don’t want to be ugly and say “go back to MO”-but that is the way some of us are feeling IF you are going to bring that “better than the average pet owner” attitude with you. Feel free to share you knowledge and expertise with us, just don’t make us feel inferior in the process.

I am sure there is something that I have left out, but I am going to go ahead and post this and get it off my chest.

·
Registered
7,741 Posts
well said! I have nothing more to say except I LOVE U GUYS!!!!
PLEASE dont leave this wonderful place!

·
Registered
1,498 Posts
yeah, i think im one of the members who just likes to goof around and show pics and share stories with all u guys, and im no expert about maltese health issues etc etc,

and i might not know much about the maltese breed even if Jong-ee is my 3rd maltese , i do know that i love her to death and will do anything for her to make her happy and learn more about the breed everyday, and sharing everything with u guys makes me happy too coz everybody here loves maltese, dont they?? :lol: heheheh

i dont think ppl need to look down on ppl and attack them, we have enough "rudeness" out there, why bring more to it here..? everybody just wants to learn, theres no reason to attack them if they want to learn something

ppl should be nice to ppl !!!! :lol:

·
Registered
1,895 Posts
I haven't sense any rudeness. Am I the one being rude? ... I sure hope not! or.. maybe I just notice....

Still having fun!

·
Registered
3,615 Posts
Originally posted by mee@Dec 13 2004, 11:38 AM
yeah, i think im one of the members who just likes to goof around and show pics and share stories with all u guys, and im no expert about maltese health issues etc etc,

and i might not know much about the maltese breed even if Jong-ee is my 3rd maltese , i do know that i love her to death and will do anything for her to make her happy and learn more about the breed everyday, and sharing everything with u guys makes me happy too coz everybody here loves maltese, dont they?? :lol: heheheh

i dont think ppl need to look down on ppl and attack them, we have enough "rudeness" out there, why bring more to it here..? everybody just wants to learn, theres no reason to attack them if they want to learn something

ppl should be nice to ppl !!!!  :lol:
<div align="right">index.php?act=findpost&pid=22620
[/QUOTE]
I have to say how cute your little Jong-ee looks in her pretty pink sweater. I love the look.

As for rudeness, maybe I've been successful in avoiding those posts (or maybe it's me they're talking about and I just don't realize it! I hope not...) I love it here, everyone is so nice, and has such wonderful information to offer.

·
Registered
3,483 Posts
Originally posted by CharmyPoo@Dec 13 2004, 12:02 PM
Am I the one being rude? ... I sure hope not!<div align="right">index.php?act=findpost&pid=22670
[/QUOTE]
Originally posted by saltymalty@Dec 13 2004, 12:06 PM
As for rudeness, maybe I've been successful in avoiding those posts (or maybe it's me they're talking about and I just don't realize it!  I hope not...<div align="right">index.php?act=findpost&pid=22672
[/QUOTE]

You never know! HAHAHA You guys are the wrong person to ask that question to yourselves.

And Tlunn! Your comment was Off the Hizzy!
All we are saying is give peace a chance!

·
Registered
7,840 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Originally posted by ButterCloudandNoriko@Dec 13 2004, 01:19 PM
And Tlunn!  Your comment was Off the Hizzy! 
<div align="right">index.php?act=findpost&pid=22682
[/QUOTE]

What?!

LOL-that is a new one!!!! Kinda like when my junior high kids say I'm "crunk"? I have to say.."that's a good thing, right?" Then they say I am old and out of touch...

·
Registered
4,352 Posts
Originally posted by tlunn+Dec 13 2004, 12:23 PM-->
<!--QuoteBegin-ButterCloudandNoriko
@Dec 13 2004, 01:19 PM

What?!

LOL-that is a new one!!!! Kinda like when my junior high kids say I'm "crunk"? I have to say.."that's a good thing, right?" Then they say I am old and out of touch...

<div align="right">index.php?act=findpost&pid=22686
[/B][/QUOTE]
Awww Lol

·
Registered
3,615 Posts
Originally posted by tlunn+Dec 13 2004, 01:23 PM-->
<!--QuoteBegin-ButterCloudandNoriko
@Dec 13 2004, 01:19 PM

What?!

<div align="right">index.php?act=findpost&pid=22686
[/B][/QUOTE]
My middle schooler teaches me new words every day. What's really funny are the expressions we used to use when we were kids....when I say them to her, she looks at me like I'm the world's greatest geek.

·
Registered
994 Posts
Originally posted by tlunn@Dec 13 2004, 11:23 AM
-_- I am sorry, I have really tried to ignore and keep my mouth shut, but I cannot do it any longer. 

The atmosphere of this forum has changed dramatically over the last few months. We have gotten many new members and that is wonderful!!! We had 99 people online at one time last week!

There are many that have joined us that are obvious supporters of MO. If that is the case, that is wonderful…but please do not come over here and bring the SAME attitude that most of us ran away from over there. Joe does not “moderate” the posts as Jay does over there. We have freedom of speech and expression, and until recently that has not been a problem.  Suddenly we have people being offensive, others taking offense, and people are giving and receiving what many of you are calling “personal attacks”. If you want to see/hear about personal attacks, ask Joe to share with you the personal attacks and threats that have been made on/to him by the "moderator" over there!  Those attacks and threats are just a few of the very reasons that I, along with several others refuse to support the MO site.  If you like the way it is run over there, that is wonderful….most of us don’t. 

In this forum we are allowed the freedom to be open, honest, silly, crazy, informative with brands, websites, and even talk about non-maltese nonsense…THAT IS WHY WE LIKE IT HERE!!!!  Some of you obviously are above our silliness and our regular "pet owner" ramblings... and if that is the case, ignore it.  Some of us are afraid to ask questions any more, (just like we were at MO)-because somewhere in the midst of the replies, there is going to be someone giving us holy heck, when all we did was ask a simple question!

There are lots of people on here now that are VERY knowledgeable about the breed and canines in general…that is wonderful, and I am sure you have a wealth of information to share, but in sharing that, please make sure that you are not talking “down” to the ones of us that are just regular old maltese “pet” owners that love our babies and want the best for them. I don’t want to make anyone really mad, but good-grief, some of us have really had enough!!!  I don’t want to be ugly and say “go back to MO”-but that is the way some of us are feeling IF you are going to bring that “better than the average pet owner” attitude with you. Feel free to share you knowledge and expertise with us, just don’t make us feel inferior in the process.

I am sure there is something that I have left out, but I am going to go ahead and post this and get it off my chest.

<div align="right">index.php?act=findpost&pid=22617
[/QUOTE]

BRAVO WELL SAID

·
Registered
1,498 Posts
Originally posted by saltymalty@Dec 13 2004, 01:06 PM
I have to say how cute your little Jong-ee looks in her pretty pink sweater.  I love the look. 

As for rudeness, maybe I've been successful in avoiding those posts (or maybe it's me they're talking about and I just don't realize it!  I hope not...)  I love it here, everyone is so nice, and has such wonderful information to offer.
<div align="right">index.php?act=findpost&pid=22672
[/QUOTE]

ooo THANK YOU FOR YOUR LOVELY COMMENT !!!

ur baby is soo cute tooo !! i love ur avatar, awww

i bought that pink sweater for jongee's thanksgiving present at 3 dogs bakery store...heeeheee

its a turtle neck sweater

heres more pics

hehehe

stupid camera flash !!! it made her pretty eyes YELLOWWWW

·
Registered
132 Posts
ok i am a new member to SM and i have been reading the posts before i got my maltese puppy and since. i have learnt so much from all of the nice people who post on this site.

lately i see nasty comments and stories of people being banned from MO? not sure what it's all about myself as i am new to this (can't even post a picture of dixie until my bf installs the scanner stuff!!!)

can we carry on with the great stories, brilliant advice and friendliness

bec & dixie xxxxxx

·
Registered
7,741 Posts
looking forward to seeing those pics...tell bf to hurry up! LOL

·
Registered
7,840 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
Originally posted by beccypaul@Dec 13 2004, 03:16 PM
ok i am a new member to SM and i have been reading the posts before i got my maltese puppy and since.  i have learnt so much from all of the nice people who post on this site.

lately i see nasty comments and stories of people being banned from MO?  not sure what it's all about myself as i am new to this (can't even post a picture of dixie until my bf installs the scanner stuff!!!)

can we carry on with the great stories, brilliant advice and friendliness

bec & dixie  xxxxxx
<div align="right">index.php?act=findpost&pid=22747
[/QUOTE]

I can't believe we have let you get by this long without pictures! Sheesh!!!!
We MUST see pictures!!!!!

·
Registered
7,741 Posts
if u need help installing the scanner we can walk u through it...u dont need your bf to do it.

·
Registered
132 Posts
i know my posts look really boring!!!

i will ask him to do it tommorrow!! he told me i had to wait till i get my new digital camera 4 xmas but i can't wait.

must say, this site is addictive and has got me through dixie's first month at home.
It's great always having people to talk to about maltesers!!
i just love their little faces

1 - 20 of 38 Posts