Maltese Dogs Forum : Spoiled Maltese Forums banner
1 - 20 of 24 Posts

·
Registered
24 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi again everyone,

I am still trying to get my own maltese. It is so funny, I've been so busy lately I have not been able to focus on much besides work. I have a vacation coming up soon, I cannot wait.
I should go somewhere exciting but I don't think it will be happening.

Hey are any of you going on vacation this summer? Maybe I can live vicariously through you.
I think some of you had mentioned you were going to weddings this summer...anyway hope wherever you go will be awesome.

·
Registered
1,417 Posts
With my kids summer schedules in sports and day camps we really aren't going on a vacation, just little day trips. We went to Busch Gardens twice in the past week and Water Country once. We have passes this year so I am sure we will go many times. I about have the kids worked up enough to go on the big coasters. Darkcastle was a disappointment if anyone has heard the avertising. No big vacation plans here though.

·
Registered
1,672 Posts
I take "mini" vacations.....right now I am in Boca at my daughter's. She works out of her home office so I have time with the two grandchildren and they get to play with Pico. We have several projects scheduled which involve home decorating and lots of shopping. (spending HER money! How fun!) Evenings are spent out by the pool with wine and appetizers while the kids swim and we take cooling dunks.

Since there's no crate here for Pico he sleeps with me on my granddaughter's bed and she sleeps in her brother's bunk bed. Surprisingly, he slept through the night with only one or two "ruffs" when a neighbors dog barked. He is much beloved here since they were his original owners (not counting the breeder).

Hubby's keeping the home fires burning so it does count as a vacation.

·
Registered
1,597 Posts
Leaving Tomorrow for the Wedding in Florida...can't wait to get down there and start relaxing. I have been to the tanning salon so that I don't burn like I usually do, even with sunscreen, so I am hoping nothing will stop the fun. I can't wait to be on the boat...out in the big blue. Florida is so awesome...for a visit. I am also taking Teddy so we will have double the fun...I have all the things I think he will need...

I was saying to my daughter I wonder if I squirted him with suntan lotion he would be better protected...she thought I was crazy...am I?

Susan

·
Registered
1,434 Posts
I am going to my nieces wedding next month, it is in the "burbs" outside of Chicago. My Granddaughter is in the wedding party, so she is flying out with me and my husband is staying home with Indy
In the fall we want to go away to Florida for a week (with Indy) maybe Orlando, but no solid plans yet.

·
Registered
3,483 Posts
I wish I can go back to Hawaii! *dreaming*

·
Registered
7,840 Posts
Originally posted by Kodie+Jun 24 2005, 12:55 PM-->
<!--QuoteBegin-ButterCloudandNoriko
@Jun 24 2005, 12:31 PM
I wish I can go back to Hawaii! *dreaming*
<div align="right">index.php?act=findpost&pid=74924
*Dreaming* of Hawaii....

<div align="right">index.php?act=findpost&pid=74945
[/B][/QUOTE]

ME TOO!

This summer will be our 10 year wedding anniversary. When we got married, we said we would go to Hawaii for our 10 year anniversary.
Well, ten years, two kids, and lots of bills later....we are NOT going to Hawaii.

Instead, our anniversary will be on the 8th and hubby will have to work and all will go to bed VERY early because we are leaving on our family vacation on the ninth at the crack of dawn. We are going to Pigeon Forge/Gatlinburg Tennessee. We will go to Dollywood/Splash Country with the kids for three days, a great Ripley's Aquarium, and some other piddly stuff. Then we are coming back through Memphis on the 15th for the Kenny Chesney concert...then driving on to Oklahoma on the 16-20 to visit my family.
Whew....then, when I get home, I will not feel like I have even rested!
Oh well! It will be fun!

·
Registered
522 Posts
We are going to Pigeon Forge/Gatlinburg Tennessee.[/B]
I love that area, we honeymooned there and it was awesome. You will love it.

I'm vacationing at the seashore right now. My daughter and I decided spur of the moment to come to the beach. We rented a beautiful condo that is beach front. I didn't bring Izzy, she is home with my DH and I miss her and Cricket. I can't wait to see her when I get home tomorrow. We're now at Ocean City Maryland but in October we rent a house in Ocean City New Jersey.

·
Registered
70 Posts
We aren't going anywhere for vacation this summer either.
We were fortunate enough to send our son to Europe on a vacation so we had to live vicariously through him.
He went with his high school and it was pretty expensive, so this year a vacation for the family isn't in the cards. He was gone for 12 days, and went to Italy and France. He just returned home 2 days ago and he has tons of amazing pictures! He brought everyone home something and I have a beautiful Italian vase and a canvas painting from France that I will cherish for the rest of my life. Even though it wasn't allowed,
he took a picture of the Mona Lisa, and took a few pics in the Sistine Chapel... they are breath taking! Anyway... that is my dream vacation... so hubby promised that in a couple of years, we will go again as a family and I can't wait!

·
Premium Member
1,959 Posts
My son is getting married July 30, so my vacation "fund" is being spent on his rehersal dinner. But he is marrying a wonderful girl so it's an even better use of the money!!!!

·
Registered
1,428 Posts
My nephew is in Kauai-he called tonight saying they were having a great time-they are there for 2 weeks!!
Lucky guy!! We aren't doing any big vacations this summer-we are remodeling our house--so........but we were talking about going up the coast for a few days for a break--before we start another project. We usually go to Pismo Beach and stay at the Lighthouse which we love-has anyone else been in that area and have any sugestions? We've also stayed in San Luis Obispo at the Apple Farm...I just love that area!

·
Registered
7,428 Posts
Originally posted by okw+Jun 29 2005, 01:58 PM-->
<!--QuoteBegin-GSix
@Jun 25 2005, 04:35 AM
Even though it wasn't allowed,
  he took a picture of the Mona Lisa<div align="right">index.php?act=findpost&pid=75054
We went to Paris for 2 weeks for our honeymoon 2 years ago and we also took a pic of Mona Lisa!!! France is beautiful.
<div align="right">index.php?act=findpost&pid=76289
[/B][/QUOTE]
I was just in europe 2 years ago. We were allowed to take pics of the mona lisa. Now the statue of david you were not supposed to take pics or but I took one before they told me not to.

·
Registered
7,486 Posts
I'm doing mini vacations this year too. I went to Europe last summer so figured I could skip a big vacation this summer. We went to Virginia Beach to visit friends earlier this month. Then the girls and I went to Houston to shop. Next week my youngest daughter leaves for 5 weeks in London (summer abroad program at her college) so we're going to New Orleans to see her off. I got a great rate at the Ritz Carlton for 2 nights and that is a fabulous hotel. My husband and I are going on a cruise in late November and we have to go to Boston in September for a big meeting. I love to travel and would like to go to Hawaii. Right now Cabo is on the top of our wish list.

·
Registered
70 Posts
Originally posted by Lexi's Mom+Jun 29 2005, 03:37 PM-->
Originally posted by [email protected] 29 2005, 01:58 PM
<!--QuoteBegin-GSix
  he took a picture of the Mona Lisa<div align="right">index.php?act=findpost&pid=75054

We went to Paris for 2 weeks for our honeymoon 2 years ago and we also took a pic of Mona Lisa!!! France is beautiful.

[/QUOTE]
I was just in europe 2 years ago. We were allowed to take pics of the mona lisa. Now the statue of david you were not supposed to take pics or but I took one before they told me not to.
<div align="right">index.php?act=findpost&pid=76298
[/B][/QUOTE]

LOL...now I don't feel so bad that my 15 year old son did it since you ADULTS also took the pics!
I asked him why he wasn't allowed and he said it was because of the flash in the cameras? I don't know why they just wouldn't let them turn the flash off?
Anyway.. I am still glad that we have the pictures. I can't wait to go there myself!

·
Registered
7,428 Posts
Originally posted by GSix+Jun 29 2005, 06:48 PM-->
Originally posted by Lexi's [email protected] 29 2005, 03:37 PM
Originally posted by [email protected] 29 2005, 01:58 PM
<!--QuoteBegin-GSix

<div align="right">index.php?act=findpost&pid=76298
LOL...now I don't feel so bad that my 15 year old son did it since you ADULTS also took the pics!
I asked him why he wasn't allowed and he said it was because of the flash in the cameras? I don't know why they just wouldn't let them turn the flash off?
Anyway.. I am still glad that we have the pictures. I can't wait to go there myself!
<div align="right">index.php?act=findpost&pid=76354
[/B][/QUOTE]
OMG! We were all taking pictures. When I was there they had it behind a protective glass to protect it from the flashes. I think we where allowed to use flashes. I don't remember for sure. I think my picture of it didn't turn out because the flash reflected off the glass.

LOL! My mom, aunt and I are not really into art. We wanted to go to the Louve, but we didn't want to spend all day there. When we were there you could get in for like half price on Wednesday nights after 5PM. The Wednesday we were there it was a holiday so they were closing earily. I think we did the entire Louve (what we could get into) in like 45 minutes. LOL! None of us spoke french so we couldn't read the descriptions. We literally walked down the halls and would stop every so often and say "Pretty picture" and then move on.

·
Premium Member
13,652 Posts
Originally posted by Kodie@Jun 29 2005, 05:07 PM
Here this is for everyone that is dreaming of HAWAII....

<div align="right">index.php?act=findpost&pid=76325
[/QUOTE]

That looks like the canal that runs around Honalulu. When I was there it was just after a big storm had been through and it was full of debris and not as pretty as it is there.

1 - 20 of 24 Posts