Maltese Dogs Forum : Spoiled Maltese Forums banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Premium Member
319 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Who else noticed Lisa Vanderplumps' Maltese Lollipop?

Cute, right? Her little pom Giggy gets the spotlight, but her other two Lollipop and Pikachu are awesome.

·
Premium Member
8,521 Posts
I watch the Real Housewives of Beverly Hills actually i watch all the Housewives shows.:brownbag: Lollipop is just adorable and i wish we saw more of her than the pom Jiggy.

·
Registered
2,477 Posts
I watch the Real Housewives of Beverly Hills actually i watch all the Housewives shows.:brownbag: Lollipop is just adorable and i wish we saw more of her than the pom Jiggy.
ditto! poor jiggy, like someone else said i am a little miffed that she calls him a "teacup". i think the hair loss is a common genetic disorder in poms, i have a neighbor with a pom with the same condition (he is standard size).

·
Registered
3,156 Posts
What a cute pic, thanks for posting it.
Lollipop reminds me of Paris...
allthough Lollipop has a much better haircut!

·
Registered
590 Posts
We dont get that show in Canada...drats but they are cute fluffs, I bet they get spoiled.

·
Registered
1,385 Posts
aw her maltese looks really cute, like a little princess :D
the pom in the campus mini market here has really short hair all the time..I wonder if he lost them too, or he just gets shaved all the time:huh:

·
Premium Member
319 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
my best friend has a pom that's going through that hair-loss now. it is a common genetic thing called alopecia x. it can be brought-on by shaving the dog short with clippers, the coat sometimes never grows back all the way. My friend shaved his pom for summer, and it only came back in chunks, so now he's shaved permanently. I'm actually afraid that my Darby might be taking too long to grow out his butt hair since his last trim (not a shave though)...

They're all cute though, especially Lollipop.

·
Registered
3,156 Posts
my best friend has a pom that's going through that hair-loss now. it is a common genetic thing called alopecia x. it can be brought-on by shaving the dog short with clippers, the coat sometimes never grows back all the way. My friend shaved his pom for summer, and it only came back in chunks, so now he's shaved permanently. I'm actually afraid that my Darby might be taking too long to grow out his butt hair since his last trim (not a shave though)...

They're all cute though, especially Lollipop.
What!!! OMG! :w00t:
Is that for real?!

If it is, I will freak!

·
Premium Member
319 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
What!!! OMG! :w00t:
Is that for real?!

If it is, I will freak!
Yeah, it's real. No pom line is completely free of it, but some breeders find it more often than others in their dogs. It doesn't harm the dog, it's strictly cosmetic in most cases (in some cases their skin can become black and cracked though, which can be uncomfortable!). That's why many people who own purebred pomeranians don't do the summer shave-down.

·
Registered
3,156 Posts
Yeah, it's real. No pom line is completely free of it, but some breeders find it more often than others in their dogs. It doesn't harm the dog, it's strictly cosmetic in most cases (in some cases their skin can become black and cracked though, which can be uncomfortable!). That's why many people who own purebred pomeranians don't do the summer shave-down.
Oh!!!
Thank you so much for answering my question.
Sigh of relief! :smheat:
I was worried that it included Maltese
and Paris has quite the hairstyle going on now. :w00t:
That is very interesting to know about Poms and shaving.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts