Maltese Dogs Forum : Spoiled Maltese Forums banner

1 - 20 of 33 Posts

·
Registered
1,248 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey everyone! I was shopping around on the internet last night and I came across a site that has the cutest things for dogs!! It is a little pricey but the stuff is so unique and adorable the price is definelty worth it!! Here it is: http://trixieandpeanut.com . Everyone should check it out!

·
Registered
4,035 Posts
Originally posted by Kodie@May 11 2005, 09:26 AM
Dont waste all your money there!! 
  I have a surprise for everyone.. hint hint! 

<div align="right">index.php?act=findpost&pid=61543
[/QUOTE]
Oooohhhh!!!! What's the surprise?!?!?!

Newmom, that is a really cute site! I bought a harness and leash set for a gift from there before. I can't look at the site again! I've been spending to much $$ on the boys

·
Registered
1,248 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
awww kodie's mom, whats the surpise?? you cant tease us like that! p.s. i think you are from my area. do you have the south jersey maltese group thingy on the internet? thanks, Lori

·
Registered
7,428 Posts
Originally posted by NewMom328@May 11 2005, 02:44 PM
p.s. i think you are from my area.  do you have the south jersey maltese group thingy on the internet?  thanks, Lori
<div align="right">index.php?act=findpost&pid=61653
[/QUOTE]
Have you looked on Meetup.com? Look for a group in your location. Do it before the 15th though. They are going to start charging then so a lot of groups are probably going to not use Meetup.com after that. But you can at least contact the organizer between now and then.

·
Registered
6,614 Posts
Originally posted by NewMom328@May 11 2005, 02:44 PM
awww kodie's mom, whats the surpise?? you cant tease us like that!  p.s. i think you are from my area.  do you have the south jersey maltese group thingy on the internet?  thanks, Lori
[/QUOTE]

yup... i started the south jersey meetup ... its here...South Jersey Maltese Meetup

·
Registered
7,428 Posts
Originally posted by Kodie+May 11 2005, 02:54 PM-->
<!--QuoteBegin-NewMom328
@May 11 2005, 02:44 PM
awww kodie's mom, whats the surpise?? you cant tease us like that!  p.s. i think you are from my area.  do you have the south jersey maltese group thingy on the internet?  thanks, Lori

yup... i started the south jersey meetup ... its here...South Jersey Maltese Meetup

<div align="right">index.php?act=findpost&pid=61655
[/B][/QUOTE]
Are you going to pay the monthly fee?

·
Registered
6,614 Posts
Originally posted by Lexi's Mom+May 11 2005, 02:58 PM-->
Originally posted by [email protected] 11 2005, 02:54 PM
<!--QuoteBegin-NewMom328

[/QUOTE]
<div align="right">index.php?act=findpost&pid=61656
[/B][/QUOTE]
i'm still debating... i did a lot of advertising the last 2 days to see if anyone joins by the end of the week.... if I get enough people.. i might.

Are a lot of people canceling?

·
Registered
7,428 Posts
Originally posted by Kodie+May 11 2005, 03:02 PM-->
Originally posted by Lexi's [email protected] 11 2005, 02:58 PM
Originally posted by [email protected] 11 2005, 02:54 PM
<!--QuoteBegin-NewMom328

<div align="right">index.php?act=findpost&pid=61656
i'm still debating... i did a lot of advertising the last 2 days to see if anyone joins by the end of the week.... if I get enough people.. i might.

Are a lot of people canceling?
<div align="right">index.php?act=findpost&pid=61658
[/B][/QUOTE]
The group I organized decided to go out on our own. It has worked out great. I made up some signs and business cards. I set up an email account to use for the group and we are using Evite to send out the meeting information. It is just as good and free. If you PM me your email address I can email you the flyer and business cards I made up. You can use them as a template to make your own.

·
Registered
6,614 Posts
Originally posted by NewMom328@May 11 2005, 08:27 PM
Kodies mom, I am the other member in that group! i think there is only 2 of us, right?  ~Lori
<div align="right">index.php?act=findpost&pid=61715
[/QUOTE]
yeah..

I tried advertising for it some more... I might start a meetup outside of that web site when they charge money like Lexi's mom stated. I'll let you know the new info when i get it.

·
Registered
7,428 Posts
What I have done to spread the word about our group is to go to all the pet stores, groomers, vets, etc. in the area and either give the business cards to hand out or post a flyer. You can get a pack of blank business card that you put in your print at Walmart for less than $4. I printed contact information for the group on the front and on the back I put a sentence about checking out the forum on spoiledmaltes.com.

Oh, and keep some of the business cards with you so that if you see someone with a maltese you can just give them one. I keep some in my purse and car.

·
Registered
6,614 Posts
Good ideas! Thats what I will be doing for both my new store!!! hehe.. and South jersey maltese meetup! Thanks for the email!! I havent gotten to look at everything yet I've been soo busy but i will tonight!

more of a hint...
I found a really cute designer from over seas that I will have exclusively in my store!! I cant wait!! It's soo cute!

·
Registered
1,812 Posts
Originally posted by Kodie@May 12 2005, 12:58 PM
Good ideas!  Thats what I will be doing for both my new store!!!  hehe.. and South jersey maltese meetup!  Thanks for the email!!  I havent gotten to look at everything yet I've been soo busy but i will tonight!

more of a hint...
I found a really cute designer from over seas that I will have exclusively in my store!!  I cant wait!!  It's soo cute!

<div align="right">index.php?act=findpost&pid=61901
[/QUOTE]
I've already got my wallet ready... I'm a sucker for dog stuff!

·
Registered
755 Posts
Originally posted by Kodie@May 12 2005, 10:58 AM
Good ideas!  Thats what I will be doing for both my new store!!!  hehe.. and South jersey maltese meetup!  Thanks for the email!!  I havent gotten to look at everything yet I've been soo busy but i will tonight!

more of a hint...
I found a really cute designer from over seas that I will have exclusively in my store!!  I cant wait!!  It's soo cute!

[/QUOTE]

How soon???

·
Registered
6,614 Posts
Originally posted by Lani+May 12 2005, 08:49 PM-->
<!--QuoteBegin-Kodie
@May 12 2005, 10:58 AM

more of a hint...

How soon???

<div align="right">index.php?act=findpost&pid=61981
[/B][/QUOTE]
Well... since everything is being imported... its taking me longer to get this up and running. I would say I need another month or so... but i will know more in about 2 weeks. I'm trying to take all your considerations into account. This forum is so helpful... specially because I dont have a girl dog... so I dont know what owners of a girl dog like.. haha... I'm NOT into DRESSES!!
Anyway.. any more suggestions would be GREAT! I'm trying to have all unique things...and i'm also going to use my business to educate pet owners!
I'm going to spread the word about rescues (I think you'll like that part Ladysmom)!
I have learned that everything takes time... and this is taking A LOT of time and planning. I hope everyone likes it!

one more question.. I see some web sites have more "chic"(expensive.. like a cashmere sweater) clothes instead of just simple cute items (like a cute sweater that isnt over $100)... which do you purchase more? (I hope that made sense.. haha)

Thanks everyone! :D

1 - 20 of 33 Posts