Maltese Dogs Forum : Spoiled Maltese Forums banner

21 - 30 of 30 Posts

·
Premium Member
9,497 Posts
Very good post. I would also recommend that people talk to their vet or scope out for themselves emergency vets in their area. It is best to find one before you need one and urgency and emotions set in.

·
Registered
13,097 Posts
Excellent post!

I truly believe that the vet and owner are a 'team' in providing the best possible care for our pets. I believe the vet must show as much respect to owner as they expect to get ... in other words a good communication between the two and they they realize we "Know' our pets and when we have concerns/questions, that they explain and communicate as much as possible.

I love the clinic where I take the twerps... have used them for years going back to Missy. From the desk staff to the vets.. all very good about addressing my concerns... they listen to my questions and even suggestions I may put forth and communicate with me.

·
Registered
2,120 Posts
Extremely thoughtful and informative post! Thanks, Pam! I admire your honest approach and helpfulness towards others even when it goes unnoticed and under-appreciated.
Ditto!! This is a great post as I am usually one to go with whatever the vet says. But I also understand that vets can't know every little thing about every breed so it's also up to us to know as much as we can about these special little dogs. I have been fortunate that I haven't had any health scares yet, and haven't had any procedures done yet (since he came neutered and has yet to need a dental), but I've learned SO much on this forum about the questions to ask and what to be concerned about. I would never have even considered pet health insurance had it not been for this forum but I am so glad I have it. So I'm grateful to experienced owners who are so willing to share their experiences and knowledge!

Sent from Petguide.com Free App

·
Premium Member
4,623 Posts
Discussion Starter #28
Extremely thoughtful and informative post! Thanks, Pam! I admire your honest approach and helpfulness towards others even when it goes unnoticed and under-appreciated.
Thanks Marisa. I don't feel under appreciated. Those who know me know why I have the message that I share.

Ditto!! This is a great post as I am usually one to go with whatever the vet says. But I also understand that vets can't know every little thing about every breed so it's also up to us to know as much as we can about these special little dogs. I have been fortunate that I haven't had any health scares yet, and haven't had any procedures done yet (since he came neutered and has yet to need a dental), but I've learned SO much on this forum about the questions to ask and what to be concerned about. I would never have even considered pet health insurance had it not been for this forum but I am so glad I have it. So I'm grateful to experienced owners who are so willing to share their experiences and knowledge!

Sent from Petguide.com Free App
I have always felt that is the best part of SM. The vast amount of knowledge that is shared here every day. I wouldn't have managed well at all when I had a very sick dog had it not been for the SM members that shared knowledge with me. Unfortunately, lately SM has become almost two different forums. There is the SM for sharing knowledge about guiding people to make good decisions when looking for puppies etc, and guiding through health and behavior issues. And then there is the SM that is about something else altogether that has nothing to do with supporting the Maltese breed IMHO. If find it puzzling and sad.

·
Premium Member
17,337 Posts
Thanks Marisa. I don't feel under appreciated. Those who know me know why I have the message that I share.

I have always felt that is the best part of SM. The vast amount of knowledge that is shared here every day. I wouldn't have managed well at all when I had a very sick dog had it not been for the SM members that shared knowledge with me. Unfortunately, lately SM has become almost two different forums. There is the SM for sharing knowledge about guiding people to make good decisions when looking for puppies etc, and guiding through health and behavior issues. And then there is the SM that is about something else altogether that has nothing to do with supporting the Maltese breed IMHO. If find it puzzling and sad.
:goodpost: Pam - I feel the same way.

·
Registered
1,167 Posts
Pammy,
I haven't been on SM very long...maybe a month. After losing Dolly in May, this has been a source of comfort in my grieving process. It has also been a great source of knowledge which I am also very grateful for. This is really going to help me with my next maltese. Just reading about shots the other day and getting the rabiesTF is all new to me.

Being that I am fairly new to this website, I wasn't sure what to expect. What I have gotten from it though has been very helpful. Thank you for your very helpful post!! And thanks to all those who help!

21 - 30 of 30 Posts