Maltese Dogs Forum : Spoiled Maltese Forums banner

1 - 20 of 61 Posts

·
Registered
942 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I love Netflix!!!

I never really like John Kusack, but I saw the movie "Identity" and it was REALLY good...it was a thriller. Very good.

I also recently watch 50 First Dates with Adam Sandler. I loved "The Wedding Singer" but when I saw commercials for 50 first dates I thought it was going to be stupid, but it wasn't.

I also really like The Bourne Identity and The Bourne Supremacy, and they are coming out with the thrid one soon. I like Matt Damon, good actor, and not too bad on the eyes either.

I did not like "The Lady Killers" with Tom Hanks...I think he is a good actor too, but I did not like the movie.

Oh, and I did not like Mystic River with Sean Penn.

I just need ideas of what to rent next.

~Elegant

·
Registered
7,741 Posts
have u seen collateral? with tom cruise and jamie fox? that was really good

·
Registered
2,863 Posts
i liked The Terminal

i saw The Grudge and Saw....FREAKED ME OUT. i dont like horror movies...but cynthia and casey do...so im always outnumbered

·
Registered
365 Posts
I also heard that Saw was good; screwed up but good. I also heard alot of raves about the Notebook!
Are they really making a third Bourne movie? Anything with Matt Damon is good!!

I can't think of any suggestions...

·
Registered
7,840 Posts
We watched Friday Night Lights last weekend.
We LOVE true sports movies! This one was good, but definitely not the BEST as far as story line etc. It just had a lot of "football"! I like the ones that have a good story or subplots to go along with it...like Radio...

There are probably more-but I can't think of any...

OH!!!! The Secret Window!
THAT was a little freaky! Decent-but freaky!

·
Registered
1,422 Posts
Originally posted by RubyJeansmom@Mar 4 2005, 01:30 AM
I dont know if your into love stories but I loved The Notebook..... 

<div align="right">index.php?act=findpost&pid=39794
[/QUOTE]

That's what I was going to say... Have you seen Napoleon Dynomite? If you rent it you have to watch it twice...the first time I watched it I was like 'you gotta be kidding me,' but I watched it again and laughed SO hard!

·
Registered
3,483 Posts
I'm a movie freak. That's all I really do to get out of the house. I may even go to the movies more often than I go to the groceries!

Here are some:

Last samarai
LOTR
Saw--not my fav. but not boring! I thought the ending was unrealistic! I could NEVER do that. I'd faint before I get 1/50 of the way!

Troy--BRAD! lol
Sky captain
Harold and Kumar--I don't know if you'd like it, but I thought it was hilarious...maybe because of the person I went with???

Wimbledon
I Robot--WILL SMITH
The grudge
Shrek

Shaolin soccer--If you love goofy movies, you GOTTA watch this. If you dont like sub titles, dont watch it. It is SOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO ridiculously funny. It's a Chinese movie. Even my dad was laughing hard watching this.

DONT WATCH Little Black Book and Manchurian Candidate

·
Registered
7,741 Posts
ok i saw wimbleton and thought it was boreing..guess that wasd just me hehehe

·
Registered
1,005 Posts
I LOVED "The Village" and tell EVERYONE to watch it!
I also LOVED "Troy" but HATED "Alexander"
Also "Notebook" was the most romantic movie ever
"Spanglish" was ok but I still didn't like it because of one thing (can't tell you till you watch it).
I just watched "Eternal Sunshine Of the Spotless Mind" and thought it was OK but wasn't thrilled with it.
HATED "The Grudge" and would never recommend it to anyone ever!
I liked “King Arthur” also and watched it the same day as “Troy” and couldn’t decide what one I liked better because they were both so good.
DO NOT see “Open Water” and I heard “Cat woman” was bad too. I saw “Open Water” and it was the worst movie ever.
I thought “Sky Captain and the World of Tomorrow” was really bad at first but it got better and turned out to be an OK movie. I loved “Paparazzi”, “Cellular” and “The Day After Tomorrow”.
And I didn’t like “Alien VS Predator” at all.
I liked “The Manchurian Candidate” (The old one put me to sleep within the first 5 mins.) and “The Terminal”.
I hear “Ray” and "Million Dollar Baby” are great movies. Must sees. I have not seen them yet though, they are always out of those movies lol.
I also think Garfield is a must see, even if you don’t have kids to watch it with (I don’t have kids but love kids movies)!
OK that’s all I can think of right now. If you want older movies my favorites are “Sneakers”, “Princess Bride”, “A Beautiful Mind”, “Finding Nemo”, “Monsters. Inc”, “Peter Pan” (the newer movie one), “Sea Biscuit”, “Hook”, “Stigmata”, “My Big Fat Greek Wedding”, and man I could go on and on but I will stop now because this is getting long! And it will take you forever to see all those if you have not seen them yet lol.

·
Registered
7,428 Posts
“King Arthur”- liked it but very graphic battle scenes.
“Cellular”- loved it
“The Day After Tomorrow”- liked it
“The Terminal”- liked it
"Million Dollar Baby”- loved it
“Princess Bride”-loved it
“A Beautiful Mind”- liked it
“Finding Nemo”-very cute
“Monsters. Inc”-very cute
“Sea Biscuit”-liked it
“Stigmata”-a weird cool movie
“My Big Fat Greek Wedding”-liked it
"I Robot"- liked it
"Shrek"- loved it

·
Registered
6,614 Posts
*** THE NOTEBOOK ***

I recently saw Troy and yes it was a good movie and I dont really like stories that date back so far.

·
Registered
942 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
I loved Napoleon Dynamite!!! That movie was funny. I remember seeing the previews for it and thinking it looked really stupid, but it is so classic! A must see!

Yup, I read somewhere that a third movie in the Bourne series is coming out soon!

~Elegant

·
Registered
416 Posts
Lesse... I see a lolt of old movies.. but ..

I loved I Robot
I hated the day after tomorrow.. if you're a science freak dont see it.
I loved all the Harry Potters (I own them)
Anything Andrew Lloyd Webber (Evita, Joseph, Cats...) I LOVED Phantom but its not out yet
A Knights Tale
Heath Ledger MMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMM
The Prince and Me Julia Styles!!
Save the Last Dance.. More Julia Styles
The Princess Diaries are Both very good

I'm a sci fit type of girl mostly,...

Mona Lisa smile
Julia Roberts

I have a huge amount of DVDS

·
Registered
7,840 Posts
Has anyone seen "The Forgotten?"

I am thinking of renting it tonight on PPV.

·
Registered
3,615 Posts
Here are some of my recommendations:
"Moonstruck" ; "Funny Girl"; "Bird Cage"; "Diner"; "Dave"; "A Fish Called Wanda"; "Victor/Victoria"; and any of the classic Bogart films, MGM musicals, and of course "Gone with the Wind".

·
Registered
942 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
You have to see...The Ring, the horror/thriller movie. I am 28 years old and no sh*tting you, I was afraid to walk into my dark hallway!!!! My bf was laughing at me. I asked him to go into the hallway and turn on the light so I could go to the bathroom! What a dork!

~Elegant

1 - 20 of 61 Posts