Maltese Dogs Forum : Spoiled Maltese Forums banner

Recommended puppy toys? Opinions on Whimzees?

2K views 7 replies 6 participants last post by  Lilysdream 
#1 ·
Zen is ready to come home Monday November 23!!! i just wanted to share his cuteness with you all. This is one of his final photos sent to me from his breeder. Do any of you have puppy toy recommendations? I definitely want to start him off with puppy puzzles to keep his mind stimulated and I’ve already purchased several textured chew toys for teething. Has anyone given their Maltese the brand Whimzees ? their like an alternative to greenies and help with teething and keeping up with dental hygiene.

See less See more
#2 ·
So cute!!!! I know you are so excited to get him home!
Be sure to get a small Kong toy that you can stuff with treats. These come in so handy when you need to leave him for a little bit to do something outside or take out trash.
Bardie still loves them. He suffered from separation anxiety at first and this was one of the things I left with him. He usually goes everywhere I go but sometimes there are places they just can't go. He got smart about it early on and realized if he threw it at the floor it would break up what was inside and little bits would fall out. So fun to watch! 😊

Also the flat plush with crinkle stuff inside. The noise seems to fascinate him. I even made a homemade one with a water bottle partly crushed down. I put it in a cute durable sock and tied the end securely. He loved it!

#4 ·
So cute!!!! I know you are so excited to get him home!
Be sure to get a small Kong toy that you can stuff with treats. These come in so handy when you need to leave him for a little bit to do something outside or take out trash.
Bardie still loves them. He suffered from separation anxiety at first and this was one of the things I left with him. He usually goes everywhere I go but sometimes there are places they just can't go. He got smart about it early on and realized if he threw it at the floor it would break up what was inside and little bits would fall out. So fun to watch! 😊

Also the flat plush with crinkle stuff inside. The noise seems to fascinate him. I even made a homemade one with a water bottle partly crushed down. I put it in a cute durable sock and tied the end securely. He loved it!
THANK YOU!
I definitely will be going to get a kong at my local petco or petsmart

#3 ·
Gosh, he's just pure cuteness! Our Bella loves the mini tennis balls - we taught her to play fetch with those right away! And food puzzles are great too. Have fun with the new pup - I love love loved that size (2'ish lbs) when we first brought Bella home. They're cuddlebugs. Happy Thanksgiving!

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.