Maltese Dogs Forum : Spoiled Maltese Forums banner

1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Registered
23 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Ok.. I know i'm reposting but i need some help.

Lola has had pink around her eyes ever since i got her but i'm concern now cuz everyone one asks why her eyes are so red.

I't sno the actual eyes but around the eye. She does have her black eyelining but around where there should be hair it's completely pink and sometimes light redish.

She doesn't have any tear stains, I do wash her often but i'm just concern. Can someone help?

thank you

·
Registered
2,863 Posts
check out my dogster page of sprite.....is that how her eyes look?

·
Registered
17,659 Posts
Can you get a close up picture so we can see better what you are talking about?

The standard calls for black points, but not all Maltese have them. My Lady has one pink eye (she's a rescue, but from a pet shop so she's the "anti-standard!) What color are Lola's paw pads? Black, brown or pink? If her paw pads are pink or brown, I'd guess that's just the way Lola's eyes are going to be.

·
Registered
23 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Originally posted by doctorcathy@Dec 17 2004, 12:51 PM
check out my dogster page of sprite.....is that how her eyes look?
<div align="right">index.php?act=findpost&pid=23997
[/QUOTE]

The close up of her face. where it's black area it's pink all around there.

It's not tear stains for sure.

Sorry no pics... I'll try to get it up tonight.

·
Registered
23 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Originally posted by nataliecmu@Dec 17 2004, 01:27 PM
I've noticed this with Tini. Tini has her black liner, but the area (skin)  just past the lid tends to be a little pink. I asked my vet and he said it is normal pigmentation of the skin. I can just see it more when she gets her hair cut.
<div align="right">index.php?act=findpost&pid=24004
[/QUOTE]

I see it all the time. Grrr... She's such a happy dog and nothing else seems to be wrong with her. I am going to take her to the vet tomorrow.

·
Registered
1,422 Posts
Originally posted by lolaku+Dec 17 2004, 02:26 PM-->
<!--QuoteBegin-nataliecmu
@Dec 17 2004, 01:27 PM
I've noticed this with Tini. Tini has her black liner, but the area (skin)  just past the lid tends to be a little pink. I asked my vet and he said it is normal pigmentation of the skin. I can just see it more when she gets her hair cut.
<div align="right">index.php?act=findpost&pid=24004

I see it all the time. Grrr... She's such a happy dog and nothing else seems to be wrong with her. I am going to take her to the vet tomorrow.
<div align="right">index.php?act=findpost&pid=24015
[/B][/QUOTE]

Good luck, let me know what happens!

·
Registered
17,659 Posts
Let me see if I enlarge my avatar picture, you can see what I mean about Lady's eye.

No, I guess it's still not big enough.......

·
Registered
1,422 Posts
Originally posted by LadysMom@Dec 17 2004, 12:52 PM
What color are Lola's paw pads? Black, brown or pink? If her paw pads are pink or brown, I'd guess that's just the way Lola's eyes are going to be.
<div align="right">index.php?act=findpost&pid=23998
[/QUOTE]

I must have skipped over this part...that is really interesting. Martini and Milo each have one little pink spot on the same paw pad....

·
Registered
17,659 Posts
Here's a picture taken of of my son-in-law with Lady last Christmas. You can see it better here.

It's her left eye.

·
Premium Member
21,482 Posts
Originally posted by LadysMom@Dec 17 2004, 03:23 PM
Here's a picture taken of of my son-in-law with Lady last Christmas. You can see it better here. 

It's her left eye.
Marj, Lady is so pretty!

·
Registered
23 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Originally posted by Kallie/Catcher's Mom+Dec 17 2004, 04:14 PM-->
<!--QuoteBegin-LadysMom
@Dec 17 2004, 03:23 PM

It's her left eye.
Marj, Lady is so pretty!
<div align="right">index.php?act=findpost&pid=24046
[/B][/QUOTE]

yes it does look like that but on both eyes and little pinker... and the weird thing is it get pink then reddish then pink. It changes colors.

·
Registered
939 Posts
Originally posted by lolaku+Dec 17 2004, 07:18 PM-->
Originally posted by Kallie/Catcher's [email protected] 17 2004, 04:14 PM
<!--QuoteBegin-LadysMom

It's her left eye.

Marj, Lady is so pretty!

yes it does look like that but on both eyes and little pinker... and the weird thing is it get pink then reddish then pink. It changes colors.

<div align="right">index.php?act=findpost&pid=24064
[/B][/QUOTE]
i AM VERY GLAD I FOUND THIS POST HIS MORNING WHEN I WAS CLEANING CHICOS FACE I NOTICED A REDISH PINK BUMPOVER HIS LEFT EYE IS THIS WHAT EVERYONE IS TALKING ABOUT? IS IT NORMAL TO BE A BUMP? I WILL TRY TO GET A PIX OF HIS FACE ITS RIGHT OVER THE EYE WHERE THE EYELASH IS BUT HE DOESNT HAVE IT ON THE OTHER EYE ,WEIRD AND I DONT THINK IT WAS ALWAYS THERE
HELP ~ dENISE

·
Registered
939 Posts
My Webpage
Originally posted by Denise&Chico+Dec 20 2004, 01:05 PM-->
Originally posted by [email protected] 17 2004, 07:18 PM
<!--QuoteBegin-LadysMom

It's her left eye.

Marj, Lady is so pretty!

i AM VERY GLAD I FOUND THIS POST HIS MORNING WHEN I WAS CLEANING CHICOS FACE I NOTICED A REDISH PINK BUMPOVER HIS LEFT EYE IS THIS WHAT EVERYONE IS TALKING ABOUT? IS IT NORMAL TO BE A BUMP? I WILL TRY TO GET A PIX OF HIS FACE ITS RIGHT OVER THE EYE WHERE THE EYELASH IS BUT HE DOESNT HAVE IT ON THE OTHER EYE ,WEIRD AND I DONT THINK IT WAS ALWAYS THERE
HELP ~ dENISECLICK ON THE TOP OF HIS POST TO SEE THE PIX OF CHICOS EYE
<div align="right">index.php?act=findpost&pid=24472
[/B][/QUOTE]

·
Registered
939 Posts
Originally posted by Denise&Chico@Dec 20 2004, 01:19 PM
My Webpage
Originally posted by Denise&Chico+Dec 20 2004, 01:05 PM-->
Originally posted by [email protected] 17 2004, 07:18 PM
<!--QuoteBegin-LadysMom

It's her left eye.
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v600/CHI...OM/DSCN1235.jpg

Marj, Lady is so pretty!

HELP ~ dENISECLICK ON THE TOP OF HIS POST TO SEE THE PIX OF CHICOS EYE
<div align="right">index.php?act=findpost&pid=24472
<div align="right">index.php?act=findpost&pid=24476
[/B][/QUOTE]

·
Registered
7,741 Posts

its blurry but i think isee what you are talkin about....is this the only spot he has? it he rubbing it like it bothers him?

·
Registered
939 Posts
i CALLED THE VET AND HE THINKS IT S A PIMPLE AND I SHOULD WATCH IT AND IF IT APPEARS ANGRY LOOKING HE WILL TAKE A LOOK HE SAID WOULD YOU GOING RUNNING TO THE DOCTER FOR A PIMPLE
OK IM A WORRY WART!

·
Registered
7,741 Posts
yeah if he doesnt have more spots and its not bothering him i wouldnt worry either...parker had a weird eye lid infection when he was little..my vet never saw it before.....they got all swollen and were ooozing puss....he was on antibiotics for a while and eye meds to get rid of it...wasnt fun.

1 - 20 of 22 Posts