Maltese Dogs Forum : Spoiled Maltese Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Premium Member
736 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So after alot of effort I have managed to get Luna's registration papers (her breeder failed to register her which is against coe for Dogs NSW breeders - in Australia). Dogs NSW liaised with the breeder and I and it ended up with Luna being registered etc. I imagine the breeder got a small fine or slap on the wrist.

Anyway I finally got the papers today but the sire is different to what I was told Luna's father was i.e.
(1) in 2007 I was told Luna's sire was a UK champion owned by another breeder who I was in contact with
(2) in the registration certificate Luna's sire is listed as a non-champion from a breeder in a different state and definitely not from the UK.

Either the breeder initially lied to me OR gave Dogs NSW the wrong information accidentally.

Now the question is do I leave it alone - after all Luna is on limited registration and is desexed so it doesn't matter that much (except to me). Or do I ask Dogs NSW to check as I think the sire information is wrong.

What do people think? Am I being annoying or just conscientious?

·
Premium Member
5,462 Posts
If it were me I would follow it up.

If the breeder lied and said that the sire was a dog that is not the sire and I owned that dog I would want to know - as it can be damaging to reputable show breeders.

·
Registered
6,958 Posts
Kylie, I might be tempted to contact Luna's breeder directly and leave Dogs NSW out of it for now ..... that way you can try to keep it friendly, and not do any damage in the long term for your showing hopes.

You could just say 'oh, maybe I'm mistaken, but I just go the papers & I got a bit of a surprise, as I thought you told me the sire was " xyz " but the papers say its " abc " ... could this be an error?'

·
Premium Member
20,031 Posts
Kylie, I might be tempted to contact Luna's breeder directly and leave Dogs NSW out of it for now ..... that way you can try to keep it friendly, and not do any damage in the long term for your showing hopes.

You could just say 'oh, maybe I'm mistaken, but I just go the papers & I got a bit of a surprise, as I thought you told me the sire was " xyz " but the papers say its " abc " ... could this be an error?'
I agree with Jac....that sounds like a "nice" way to start to unravel this mystery. I know it probably doesn't matter at this point, but I'd probaqbly be interested in knowing the truth as you do (just human nature). Does the breeder get more $ for pups with a better pedigree? :unsure:

·
Registered
13,404 Posts
It should be followed up. I'm sure the registry wouldn't like mismanaged pedigrees. I'd start with the breeder and go from there.

·
Premium Member
736 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
I will start with the breeder but given that I reported her to Dogs NSW I doubt she will reply etc.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts