Maltese Dogs Forum : Spoiled Maltese Forums banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Premium Member
17,343 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Yep -- it's that time -- the one I knew would be coming soon. You all need to remind me NOT TO CLIP LACIE because I'm growing her out.

I did her bath today and I swear that she's now wider than she is tall. She looks so "deformed" and I cannot even tell that she has a neck. Of course, it's all fluff as her hair is totally at the "sticking out" point.

We will get through it but I did get out the clippers and was seriously considering it. My bad.

Well, she did make it through another week without my clipping her down.:thumbsup:

·
Registered
2,327 Posts
Lynn, I'll remind you if you'll remind me. :confused1: I cut Bonnet down shortly after she finished (like the day after I got her certificate from AKC) and now I've decided to grow her out again. Thankfully I left her head hair, ears and tail long so that all hangs nice and straight. She got a bath today and her body is at that "stick out" fluffy stage and I was seriously considering getting out the clippers. But there were more baths to do so she was spared a haircut for now. :thumbsup:

·
Registered
10,369 Posts
I shave all of mine, what the heck.

Hey, Deborah, chime in Girlfriend. :HistericalSmiley:

I am so going to get blasted by Deb. :HistericalSmiley:

·
Premium Member
17,448 Posts
I am at that point w/Kitzel too!!!! :smilie_tischkante:
His hair is beautiful, silky, shiny & growing! But the day after his bath he smells of pee! :smpullhair::smpullhair: It is everywhere---he has been lifting his leg for months (only 7 months old) and he has a mighty reach!:HistericalSmiley:

:smhelp:
Someone tell me I don't want to do this & give me some advice os what to do. I think girls don't have this problem!

·
Premium Member
6,086 Posts
I am at that point w/Kitzel too!!!! :smilie_tischkante:
His hair is beautiful, silky, shiny & growing! But the day after his bath he smells of pee! :smpullhair::smpullhair: It is everywhere---he has been lifting his leg for months (only 7 months old) and he has a mighty reach!:HistericalSmiley:

:smhelp:
Someone tell me I don't want to do this & give me some advice os what to do. I think girls don't have this problem!
I had a male Malt. I used a cordless trimmer and kept his private area naked. I also trimmed the inside of the back legs. You tell that little monkey he better be lifting his leg on the pee pad or outside.:HistericalSmiley:

·
Premium Member
17,448 Posts
The problem area is his front legs---very long hair here---the long hair on both sides & the upper part of his chest! I do keep the other part trimmed!

1 - 9 of 9 Posts