Maltese Dogs Forum : Spoiled Maltese Forums banner

41 - 60 of 765 Posts

·
Premium Member
2,388 Posts
Oh Deb I am so sorry Dex is going through this. My memory is not very good but I am thinking Dex is the little rapper dud from the video. My heart is breaking and I will keep you and your family in my prayers.

·
Premium Member
6,086 Posts
I'm so sorry about Dex. You are a wonderful mom. Unfortunately, things can still happen despite our best efforts. My husband and I both have lost jobs before so we know the stress involved with this. I am praying for all of you.:grouphug:

·
Registered
4,494 Posts
Discussion Starter #44
The ims just called and his numbers went down a little but still really high
:(

bun went from 180 to 175 and normal is 25

creatinine was 7.6 and down to 6.7

phosphorous was 20 and down to 18.3

potassium was 6.8 and now 6.1

his TP was 8.7 forgot to get that value today and his CA was 13.1 and forgot to get that today as well

urinalysis thus far is still not showing any infection but culture will be more indicative they said which will take 72 hrs.

He is not stressed and acting peaceful. We are taking down his bed, favorite toy and a tshirt with our scent on it to be with him.

I just cannot stop crying and do not want to cry when i see him and upset him.

Please keep my little guy in your prayers :(

Attachments

·
Registered
5,653 Posts
what a sweet pic . at least the numbers are going down , never underestimate the power of prayer we r all praying , and honey u have not failed ur baby , sometimes things happen and we dont know how or why...hugs
im praying that he gets better soon .

·
Registered
590 Posts
Oh Deb, sorry this is happening to Dex. Good sign the numbers are going down. I will keep him in my prayers. Yes try not to cry in front of Dex, I know Max goes crazy when he sees me cry. Just be happy to see him and he will get better as he will see you bring him comfort with his bed and stuff. Thinking of you and Dex and keep us posted. Kisses from Lynda and Maximillian xxoo

·
Premium Member
23,996 Posts
Deb - it is good to hear the numbers are headed in the right direction. I hope you get some answers. I love that picture of Dex. I'm sending tons of prayers from myself and Tyler.

·
Registered
5,433 Posts
I am so sorry :grouphug: good to hear the numbers are going down, but I am sure you are wanting to get to the bottom of this ASAP. So scary, I totally understand how upset you must feel.

·
Registered
10,731 Posts
Glad to see the numbers are going down,let's keep praying they keep going that way. He's one tough little dude! I'm praying for him!

I wish I could do more. Give him hugs and kissies from the fluffs for me!

·
Registered
13,097 Posts
So sorry about this serious concern for little Dex!! Be assured the prayers are going out that this can all be turned around!
It seems to me the upward numbers likely happened over time so maybe it will just take time for them to go further downward. The fact that they already have seems like a good sign!
Don't beat yourself up..it's obvious you take wonderful care of your 'babies"... and you know in your heart you've done all within your power to see to that. sometime stuff happens that is beyond our control.
Keep us updated will you?

·
Registered
4,494 Posts
Discussion Starter #52
thanks so much

I just talked to my parents vet who use to be our vet as my parents dog was in the hospital with similar symptoms and he said no way it is same as bears kidney values were normal.

He said those numbers are really bad :( He told me to spend as much time with Dex as I can

ims just called they are going to check his cortisol levels for addisons as they want to rule out this is not addisons causing this

·
Premium Member
4,130 Posts
i am so very sorry and sad to hear that little Dex is going though this.
you and Dex are in my thoughts and prayers, please keep us updated.:prayer::prayer::prayer:

·
Premium Member
4,623 Posts
Debbie!! Just reading this! I am sooo sorry you are going through this with little Dex! You might try calling Animal Speicalty Group in Glendale where my wonderful Dr. Sullivan is. They may have a renal expert. If I can do anything for you, call me. I am pm'ing you my number. I can sit the other kids if you need it.
{{{HUGS}}}

·
Premium Member
17,201 Posts
Just checking in Deb to see if there is any new news. I am sure you must not have slept much last night. Did Dex react when you came to bring the stuff? Were you able to hold it together?
Life gets complicated sometimes and this is certainly one of those for you. Poor DH must be down too w/losing his job. Praying for something good to happen today.
Kisses from sandi & kitzi to little Dex---cute picture BTW!

41 - 60 of 765 Posts