Maltese Dogs Forum : Spoiled Maltese Forums banner

1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
7,915 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi everyone,

As some of you may know, hubby and I have been taking care of MIL with different ailments.

We finally got her, okay, but her legs are beginning to swell again, and less urine output. I'm on top of it, and have communicated with her doc, but some prayers and thoughts would really be appreciated.

Bless her, she thought she was supposed to drink more water. Long story, just a juggling act, taking care of her, guiding her, without having her loose any dignity, or confuse or upset her.

She goes to the docs on Tues. We've already increased the lasix. I know I am rambling, but I know all of you will understand.

From my heart, thank you.

·
Registered
1,654 Posts
Oh honey I feel your pain as I am going through health issues with my own Mom. :-( Its sucks to have to see them in that condition and the added stress of their illness is so hard.

·
Premium Member
13,418 Posts
Sending prayers for you and your MIL Christine... I hope she is feeling better soon. It's not easy is it?

·
Premium Member
17,343 Posts
Christine -- I know this is soooooooooooooo difficult as I went through similar things with my own mother before she passed on 5 1/2 years ago.

My heart goes out to you as there is so much to do and it is heartbreaking to watch someone you love go through this.

Prayers being sent that she gets better and hugs and prayers for you and your DH too.

And, of course, special Awntie Lynn kisses for Mia and Leo.

·
Premium Member
24,019 Posts
Christine - sending prayers you way. It's so hard. My mom had heart failure in her last couple of years and I had to constantly manage her meds. I could hear her on the phone and tell her how much lasix she needed each day. Really. I could hear how "wet" she sounded. Happy she's going to the doctor but you guys might have to be her eyes and ears to see and hear how she's doing. My mom let it go once as far as responding to her heart failure symptoms and was in really bad shape.:grouphug:

·
Banned
1,869 Posts
Oh Christine - I am so sorry to hear this about your mother-in-law.

I will never forget the photo that you posted, it's was on one of Leo and Mia's adventures to "mom-moms" house - there you were, rubbing cream on "mom-moms" feet and legs - so lovingly.

I do hope that she gets the CHF under control, that’s a very serious condition.

You and your family are in my prayers.

Hugs,

Allie

·
Premium Member
8,623 Posts
Christine, I hope things improve for your MIL soon. I'll say a prayer for you both and keep you in my thoughts. Please keep us posted.
Hugs!

·
Premium Member
4,225 Posts

·
Premium Member
6,469 Posts
Thinking about you, your MIL, and your husband. I do hope that her doctor is able to help you find an appropriate balance for her needs.

·
Registered
7,915 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Thank you all so much for your thoughts and prayers. Believe me, they do help and work!!!!! MIL's weight came down slightly (that is good, she is eating normally, but is not forcing so much h20. She understands now).

Her right leg is still swollen, but, I do see a slight lessoning, since yesterday. So we are going in the right direction.

We do not know the cause of it. Her PD does not want to do invasive testing, and then invasive surgery if needed. I can partly understand that.

She has a doc appt. on Tues, so I want to discuss, non-invasive testing. Some things can be taken care of with just meds.

She did have an utlrasound on her legs, and they did get could pulses or I should say pulses on her legs and ankles.

Anyway, thank you SO much.

Much love and my heart and prayers to all of your loved ones as well.

Christine

·
Registered
3,674 Posts
Bless your heart and hers. I know from experience how hard this is. You are so good to be so kind to your MIL.

·
Premium Member
8,106 Posts
Yes, your Mother-in-law is so lucky to have you and her son, Christine. And, visa versa. I was my Mom's primary care giver for a long time. I'm so happy I was. I would not have changed a thing.
xoxoxoxoxooxoxox

·
Registered
7,915 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
Thank you all from the bottom of my heart. Honestly, it's my privledge to tend to a woman, who loves her two boys, then the very air she breaths. She has given so much, to her sons, to her husband, now resting in peace. She deserves loving care.

The only time it gets hard, is hubby, of course is very stressed, he does all her shopping, bills, we both make sure there are meals for her.

What makes it difficult, is when I lovingly explain things to his Mom, hubby gets upset at me :(. But there are some things I have to let her know, and she does listen.

He now understand, but that really is the only draining part. And of course it's heartbreaking to see a once very active lady, not so active, but this is her special time. And as I said to hubby, she never complained when she had to change your dirty diapers :), not that he complains to her, but to me.

Very long story short, hubby realizes, what I am explaining to her, and what I confer to her doctor, is avoiding additional problems, not upsetting her. She has her mind, bless her, and appreciates the truth, and will do anything you ask of her, to help her get better, aside from putting on the AC in the summer. But thankfully, summer has passed.

Thanks for being there and thanks so much for your prayers.

Much love,
Christine

1 - 19 of 19 Posts