Maltese Dogs Forum : Spoiled Maltese Forums banner

1 - 20 of 61 Posts

·
Registered
1,593 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey guys you aren't going to believe what happened to me yesterday. I went to petsmart to get some cat litter and food, I had Buster with me, so decided to get him a toy. As we were looking at the toys this lady comes up to me with this pitiful looking little maltese. She started talking to me and told me she had taken her from some drug addict because she wasn't taking care of her. This lady tells me she has had her for 3 months, but can't take care of her because she has cancer. So I tell her I'll take her, she gives her to me and then leaves alittle while later. I take the dog over to the Banfield hospital side of petsmart, tell them the story and they get me right in(they know me because I bring Buster there), The vet checks her out, and I get her vaccinated, she says she is about 2 years old, she is completly matted(will get her groomed tomorrow, have to wait 48 hours after rabies vacc.), Yellow on the bottom half from lying in urine, not spayed and tarter on her teeth, and she only weighs 4 pounds she is skin and bones.I will get her spayed and teeth cleaned after she gains some weight. Her name is Sweet Pea. This is like a answer to my prayers because I have been wanting to rescue a dog, and was in the process of adopting one from s.c.m.r.!!

·
Registered
7,840 Posts
She is adorable! Congratulations!!!!
Looks like she just needs a little tlc!!!!

Attachments

·
Registered
7,840 Posts

·
Registered
7,621 Posts
Aww!! That's absolutely WONDERFUL!! She's a doll.

·
Registered
1,812 Posts
Awww!! I'm so glad her story has a happy ending! I can see the joy and happiness in her eyes because she knows she'll be loved now. She is simply precious!

·
Registered
1,800 Posts
What a lucky maltese to have been saved twice.
I know you are just thrilled. What does Buster think about her?

·
Registered
13,097 Posts
Oh what a precious little baby!!.. I am THRILLED for both her and you!!!
See?..like I always say... God sees that we get connected with our "meant to be" pooches!!
Can't wait to hear more about little Sweetpea!!

·
Registered
2,474 Posts
OMG she is so precious! And I am so glad you and Buster were there at just the right time to rescue her. She is adorable- and I am sure in your care she will blossom.

·
Registered
1,593 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
Originally posted by kab@Oct 2 2005, 05:48 PM
What a lucky maltese to have been saved twice. 
  I know you are just thrilled.  What does Buster think about her?
<div align="right">index.php?act=findpost&pid=105497
[/QUOTE]
Buster loves sweet Pea, he wants to play, play-she is still a little shy. I'm sure they will end up being best buddies :excl:

1 - 20 of 61 Posts