Maltese Dogs Forum : Spoiled Maltese Forums banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
7,428 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
You can easily resize your images using Paint before you upload your images to a website. If you have Microsoft Windows you should have Paint.

1) Go to Start/Programs/Accessories/Paint

2) Select Open in the File menu and then browse to your image

3) Select Image then Stretch/Skew

4) In the window replace the 100s in the Horizontal and Vertical boxes with a number less then 100. That will make the image that percent of the image. I usually use numbers like 25, 50, or 75. Put the same number in both fields!

5) Click Ok.

6) If the image is too SMALL you can use Edit/Undo to undo the resize. Then repeat steps 3 & 4 and just use a number that is bigger then the number you used. If the image is too BIG repeat steps 3 & 4 until the image is size you want.

·
Premium Member
21,482 Posts
Thanks, Kristi for that info... For those who don't have Paint or have an old version, etc. you can size your photos at Image Cave. I keep meaning to do a pictorial on that but until I do here is how.

Go to your Image Cave Album and under the URLs for your photo is a MODIFY IMAGE button (used to be called EDIT). Click on that and it will show you the size of your picture. Just change one of the dimensions and it'll adjust the other dimension to be in proportion. A good size for the largest dimension is no more than 600. It'll then create a new jpg copy of your photo while leaving your original photo intact.

Just "copy" the "EZ Code" URL for your photo and "paste" it in your post.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts