Maltese Dogs Forum : Spoiled Maltese Forums banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
1,498 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
HELLO

just in case ppl forgot, im studying graphic design at school

im doing a design project for one of my classes and i thought i'd get some help from you guys since you guys are so great !!

im using the Pasadena Humane Society as my client and will be designing a whole new branding system for them

since they offer lots of other stuff other than adoption, like training classes, spay neuter , microchipping, special events to raise money etc,

i chose the concept as "being a responsible pet owner" since if ppl were responsible, there wont be ANY abandonded pets at the shelter..even if a pet was lost, the owner should be responsible and get the pet microchipped etc..and also responsible means not abandoning their pets..they should train their pets to have the right behaivor and take care of them too..anyway the list goes on and on and on

so we need to come up with NEW ideas for the whole thing, and i was thinking of making a poopy bag dispenser for cleaning up poop

but im not sure if i did my research enough but i realized that there is no "disposable scooper" for poopy bags when u go on a walk at any petstores..

its either just a plastic bag ,thats it... u need to pick up the poop with ur hands using the plastic bag ..that can be inconvinent for some ppl (i dont mind really)

so i was thinking adding a disposable scooper (doesnt have to look fancy or anything) with the plastic bags...i actually saw a Japanese one before i came to the States and it was sooo convenient..i tried it..u just scoop up the poop with it and throw it away with the plastic bag

anywayz, i was wondering if i could get other ideas from you guys ..just wanted to know what doggy stuff are inconveneint to use, stuff that u would like to see in the market that isnt out there, etc

ANYTHING IS OK

ooo any ideas that u think is related to "being a responsible pet owner"

doesnt have to be just dogs..it can be cats..or hamsters..any kind of pet

u can go crazy with ur ideas ~~~~!!!!

help~

thank you!

·
Registered
447 Posts
Totally love the idea about the disposable pooper scoop! LOVES IT!

I love thinking up new things... what about cuter crates and playpens for dogs? All of the crates and playpens for dogs now are metal and ugly, why not something that looks more like something for a real baby that you can set up in your house for your pets that is easy to clean and portable?

IF I think of anything else I will let you know!

Oh and cute pampers/bloomers for dogs who have not yet been spayed or who are on their "cycle". FOr example Brit'ny is just a tad too young to be spayed and i would like to keep her covered up while she is at the dog park "just in case", you know?

·
Premium Member
21,482 Posts
Hi Mee... just wondering how the scooper plays in to the branding task? For branding I would suggest creating a logo and tag line. The tag line is something that would appear after the logo and in ads and everywhere to set this shelter apart from others and to give it a unique brand identity.

Also, You can choose one or two colors, which will be used in all ads and promotional material... again to give the shelter brand identity.

Then you can carry out your branding using those three basics: logo, tagline and color(s).

One idea off the top of my head to carry out your theme of "Being a Responsible Pet Owner" is to have a contest whereby people would send in photos of themselves with their dogs (or just their dogs) that would show them being responsible pet owners. The best would be chosen and then assembled in to a calendar which would be sold to raise funds. The photos could show things such as the dogs eating, at the vet, going for a walk, cuddling with the owner, playing ball, etc. You could have a line under each photo with a statement from the owner such as, "I'm a responsible pet owner because I had my dog neutered", and so forth.

Good luck!

·
Registered
707 Posts
Originally posted by Kallie/Catchers Mom@Oct 28 2004, 09:33 AM
Hi Mee... just wondering how the scooper plays in to the branding task? For branding I would suggest creating a logo and tag line. The tag line is something that would appear after the logo and in ads and everywhere to set this shelter apart from others and to give it a unique brand identity.

Also, You can choose one or two colors, which will be used in all ads and promotional material... again to give the shelter brand identity.

Then you can carry out your branding using those three basics: logo, tagline and color(s).

One idea off the top of my head to carry out your theme of "Being a Responsible Pet Owner" is to have a contest whereby people would send in photos of themselves with their dogs (or just their dogs) that would show them being responsible pet owners. The best would be chosen and then assembled in to a calendar which would be sold to raise funds. The photos could show things such as the dogs eating, at the vet, going for a walk, cuddling with the owner, playing ball, etc.  You could have a line under each photo with a statement from the owner such as, "I'm a responsible pet owner because I had my dog neutered", and so forth.

Good luck!
<div align="right">index.php?act=findpost&pid=13647
[/QUOTE]

These are great ideas. I'm incharge of a publishing/advertising/design department and these are things that we do. I love the contest idea plus I agree that you need to create a logo and "look" to brand your campaign. Branding is what makes a company unique.

Let us know what your final piece goes. I would love to see some pics.

·
Registered
1,498 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Originally posted by Kallie/Catchers Mom@Oct 28 2004, 08:33 AM

[/QUOTE]

hellooooo~

yes yes, i need to create a logo and tagline but i didnt mention that in my post..

for the whole branding, we're designing a whole new system

including...

logo, tagline, businesscard letterhead, envelope

design something that the workers use everyday
design something that the users use everyday

something that gives the establishment street presence
something that gives the establishment media presence
something that gives the establishment in the home (i was thinking the poopy scooper and plasitc bags for this one)

something not specifically related to the establishment that its users use everyday
something thats a metaphor for or otherwise represents the establishment
something thats a metaphor for or otherwise represents the opposite (maybe a puppymill?)

something that has a secret relationship to establishment
something your dying to make for establishment

hmmm you see, this is the whole system we have to come up with and we have to think of new ideas so thats why i thought i could get some help from here~ hehe

·
Registered
2,863 Posts

·
Registered
7,428 Posts

·
Premium Member
21,482 Posts
Originally posted by mylittlebella+Oct 28 2004, 11:47 AM-->
<!--QuoteBegin-Kallie/Catchers Mom
@Oct 28 2004, 09:33 AM

One idea off the top of my head to carry out your theme of "Being a Responsible Pet Owner" is to have a contest whereby people would send in photos of themselves with their dogs (or just their dogs) that would show them being responsible pet owners. The best would be chosen and then assembled in to a calendar which would be sold to raise funds. The photos could show things such as the dogs eating, at the vet, going for a walk, cuddling with the owner, playing ball, etc.  You could have a line under each photo with a statement from the owner such as, "I'm a responsible pet owner because I had my dog neutered", and so forth.

Good luck!
These are great ideas. I'm incharge of a publishing/advertising/design department and these are things that we do. I love the contest idea plus I agree that you need to create a logo and "look" to brand your campaign. Branding is what makes a company unique.

Let us know what your final piece goes. I would love to see some pics.
<div align="right">index.php?act=findpost&pid=13690
[/B][/QUOTE]

Hi Mylittlebella....My job involves publishing, advertising, and design, also. Small world!

·
Registered
994 Posts
Originally posted by doctorcathy+Oct 28 2004, 01:56 PM-->
<!--QuoteBegin-Maxismom
@Oct 28 2004, 07:03 AM
how about some kind of a liquid that you poor on it and it desolves immediately
<div align="right">index.php?act=findpost&pid=13662

Oh, i saw the coolest thing. i'll look for it:

http://www.poop-freeze.com/

http://www.petcarecentral.com/po-10001.html
<div align="right">index.php?act=findpost&pid=13720
[/B][/QUOTE]

how funny i swear i never knew they had anything like that well i suggested desolving the poop but still thats funny

·
Registered
2,863 Posts
dont you hate it when they come out with something that you sorta thought of? like when i was little, i would tell my sister "they should make a credit card that takes money out of your checking account". lol. anyway maxismom, i'd rather dissolve poop, than freeze it.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts