Maltese Dogs Forum : Spoiled Maltese Forums banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
44 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Well, some of you may remember that I was asking advice for Charlie's 1st (and maybe last) beach trip!
It was pretty bad! He absolutely hated getting his paws sandy and didn't care too much for the water either...he is so prissy!
We took like a thousand pictures...as soon as I can figure out or have my 13 y.o. how sad.. show me, I will post them. Here is the worst part...I didn't ask for any advice on if he got sick and guess what?? He got sick! He has never thrown up before. I mean unless he drank his water too fast (which he ALWAYS does). This was different. He liked threw up over and over...I called our vet and he suggested some Gatorade to see if he could keep that down and to watch him before taking him somewhere. He had no temp. or other symptoms. He finally acted like he wanted to eat that evening and kept it down. The doc thinks he may have picked something up off the floor of the cottage we were renting or even off the beach? We tried being really careful with him but I guess not careful enough! He was so pitiful..
I came home and washed all of his toys, blankets, etc. along with the 40,000 loads of our laundry and glad to say we are all back to normal at HOME SWEET HOME..
Anyone else have a great vacation tale they would like to share?

·
Registered
1,417 Posts
Was he getting car sick from the ride to the beach? Rex doesnt do well in the car and I havent figured out how to make it better either, I think it is the heat that bothers him because it always starts with a lot of panting even with the a/c on in the car it is hot with the summer heat. Rex hates heat! Anyway, I can't wait to see beach pictures of Charlie, I'll bet they are cute!

·
Registered
44 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Originally posted by RexsMom@Jun 25 2005, 03:30 PM
Was he getting car sick from the ride to the beach?  Rex doesnt do well in the car and I havent figured out how to make it better either, I think it is the heat that bothers him because it always starts with a lot of panting even with the a/c on in the car it is hot with the summer heat.  Rex hates heat!  Anyway, I can't wait to see beach pictures of Charlie, I'll bet they are cute!
<div align="right">index.php?act=findpost&pid=75114
[/QUOTE]
No, actually Charlie does okay with riding...the doctor can give you something for the car sickness. We had been there for a couple days before he got sick. Charlie pants alot too in the heat. We didn't keep him out long. He likes the AC!
(He is sooo Spoiled!) Anyway, whatever it was he got over it pretty quickly, thank goodness. He is almost 8 months old and had never been sick before! We were all pretty freaked out! :new_Eyecrazy: You have a real cutie!! How old is Rex?

·
Registered
1,417 Posts
Originally posted by charliesmom+Jun 26 2005, 12:28 PM-->
<!--QuoteBegin-RexsMom
@Jun 25 2005, 03:30 PM
Was he getting car sick from the ride to the beach?  Rex doesnt do well in the car and I havent figured out how to make it better either, I think it is the heat that bothers him because it always starts with a lot of panting even with the a/c on in the car it is hot with the summer heat.  Rex hates heat!  Anyway, I can't wait to see beach pictures of Charlie, I'll bet they are cute!
No, actually Charlie does okay with riding...the doctor can give you something for the car sickness. We had been there for a couple days before he got sick. Charlie pants alot too in the heat. We didn't keep him out long. He likes the AC!
(He is sooo Spoiled!) Anyway, whatever it was he got over it pretty quickly, thank goodness. He is almost 8 months old and had never been sick before! We were all pretty freaked out! :new_Eyecrazy: You have a real cutie!! How old is Rex?
<div align="right">index.php?act=findpost&pid=75330
[/B][/QUOTE]

Thanks! Rex is almost 10 months. We just got him in May and he first got sick on the car ride home from us picking him up. Today it was cooler and he did okay in the car, but most of the time he starts with the panting, drooling and then it goes to getting sick. He never got sick before we got him. I guess it is the climate change, he was born in PA.

·
Registered
44 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Originally posted by RexsMom+Jun 26 2005, 12:36 PM-->
Originally posted by [email protected] 26 2005, 12:28 PM
<!--QuoteBegin-RexsMom

[/QUOTE]

Thanks! Rex is almost 10 months. We just got him in May and he first got sick on the car ride home from us picking him up. Today it was cooler and he did okay in the car, but most of the time he starts with the panting, drooling and then it goes to getting sick. He never got sick before we got him. I guess it is the climate change, he was born in PA.
<div align="right">index.php?act=findpost&pid=75333
[/B][/QUOTE]
Oh, so are you in the South too? It is sooo hot and humid here..Today is almost unbearable..we just go out to potty! Oh, I just posted a new pic of Charlie did it work? Anyway, he is huge..10 lbs @ almost 8 months! Oh, you may want to get Rex a cool pad. They sell them at PetSmart. It is like a heating pad except cold. You put water in it and then they lay on it. to stay cool. I bought one to take to the beach but did not get to use it. There was also another member on here last week that told you how to make one look under my beach post from last week..I am not real handy with the sewing machine!
So I bought one.

·
Registered
1,417 Posts
Originally posted by charliesmom+Jun 26 2005, 01:18 PM-->
Originally posted by [email protected] 26 2005, 12:36 PM
Originally posted by [email protected] 26 2005, 12:28 PM
<!--QuoteBegin-RexsMom

<div align="right">index.php?act=findpost&pid=75333
Oh, so are you in the South too? It is sooo hot and humid here..Today is almost unbearable..we just go out to potty! Oh, I just posted a new pic of Charlie did it work? Anyway, he is huge..10 lbs @ almost 8 months! Oh, you may want to get Rex a cool pad. They sell them at PetSmart. It is like a heating pad except cold. You put water in it and then they lay on it. to stay cool. I bought one to take to the beach but did not get to use it. There was also another member on here last week that told you how to make one look under my beach post from last week..I am not real handy with the sewing machine!
So I bought one.

<div align="right">index.php?act=findpost&pid=75336
[/B][/QUOTE]

Yep! I am in southern virginia. Not as hot as where you are, but close! I am not handy with a sewing machine or even a needle and thread...I am going to have to check into that cold pad, that may be great for the car rides. Right now Rex is running around acting a fool!

·
Premium Member
1,959 Posts
Sounds like heat sickness. It was over 90 here this weekend and I didn't even let Ty out of the house, he used the potty pad. Even my sheepdog only went out for quick pees.

When we go to the beach the dogs stay inside where the AC is on.

·
Registered
841 Posts
hi guys I had a border colie and she would ride to the moutains with us and always got car sick the first signs will be the panting and then drooling then watch out :eek:

·
Registered
6,614 Posts
awww.. poor little guy. I know what you mean about them being prissy.. Kodie is soo prissy its sick. He doesnt like anything on him... water.. dirt... he runs from his poo and pee... and he doesnt like many people to touch him and if a new person does... he backs up and looks at you like "dont touch me..your gonna dirty me".. haha

1 - 9 of 9 Posts