Maltese Dogs Forum : Spoiled Maltese Forums banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
7,428 Posts
Lexi and Nikki are on Heartguard and Frontline Plus. I know with frontline they say to not bath the dog for 3-5 days before and 3 days after.

·
Registered
7,428 Posts
I think 3 would be good. The hair has to be completely dry when you put it on so that is why they say to wait 3 days after a bath to put it on.

·
Registered
7,428 Posts
Originally posted by angel+Jul 1 2005, 11:27 AM-->
<!--QuoteBegin-Lexi's Mom
@Jul 1 2005, 11:24 AM
I think 3 would be good.  The hair has to be completely dry when you put it on so that is why they say to wait 3 days after a bath to put it on.
<div align="right">index.php?act=findpost&pid=76859
It takes 3 days for hair to dry? Well, probably completely. Wow, I never knew that! I'll have to warn the breeder not to bathe her before
<div align="right">index.php?act=findpost&pid=76862
[/B][/QUOTE]
That is what they say for Frontline.

·
Registered
363 Posts
I think they tell you to wait 2-3 days after a bath to put it on because when you bathe the pup, the skin pores will open. I don't think the product should be absorbed into the skin but rather distribute itself through the fur. Just my thoughts.

·
Registered
3,010 Posts
Abbey is on Revolution.
I had bought Frontline prior to picking up Abbey because this is what we use on our outside cat but my vet told me not to use Frontline due to Abbey's weight (she is 3.2 lbs at 6 months). It does seem to work great though.
And this is how I use it: I give Abbey a bath, wait 2 days, apply Revolution in part between shoulder blades. Just make sure it absorbs into the skin, not the hair. It says it only has to dry 2 hrs before bathing but Abbey never needs another bath until 4 or 5 days later. Revolution has heartworm med. in it so you only need the revolution but my vet said if I decide to switch to Frontline when Abbey grows more than I would need to use heartguard along with it. (which I will because I have a whole box just sitting around of it). Good Luck!!

·
Registered
2,004 Posts
We are currently using Revolution. They say you should not bath for 3 days. I just consulted the vet yesterday. Revolution is to be applied to the skin right behind the base of the puppies head . Between the neck and head so they can not lick it off. there backs.. My vet and contacted the company and they stated if it does not work they will refund our money and supply us with an other product.

The first application seemed to work but then chelsey got flea'a again

We are currently vacuming and we bleached the kictchen and bathroom floors washed all the bedding again. We just got an other product to spray on all the furniture and carpet. It covers 100 sq feet. This is the third day and the flea's seem to be gone on chelsey . Chester is still scratching. Tomorrow I will call the vet to see if is ok to bath them.

When you use the product ,I find the tip does no open. Cut it with sissors and place on the back below the head of puppy you should see it being applied on the skin. if you do not see liquid on the base of the puppy's sink then it did not get applied. Our Vet said that some of the containers were not packaged properly so if noting is in it to contact the company for a replacement.

Within three days the adult fea's should disapear and die.

I hope this helps. Apperently revolution has more in it then just flea' prevention and they stand by there product. I hope this helps

1 - 12 of 12 Posts