Maltese Dogs Forum : Spoiled Maltese Forums banner

1 - 20 of 33 Posts

·
Registered
2,119 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
soo i was shopping at walmart the other day and lucy was in her carrier, just kinda chilling. the greeter person at walmart cooed over her, etc, so i took that as a sign that it was OK to bring her in and went on my merry little way. not too long after this woman in a cherry red pantsuit comes charrrrging up to me screeching about my dog. i was like "um, sorry, i didn't realize it bothered you" and she just kept on going, ranting about how i had a little "rich girl dog" and just because i did didn't mean "i can do whatever the *&*^ i want with it".

uhhh.. what? yeah, maltese are expensive, but that doesn't mean you have to be ridiculously rich to own one (regardless of whether you are or not). i was really bothered by this womans comments. have any of you ever experienced animosity like this?

thank god for places like this

·
Registered
894 Posts
Wow, that was rude!! No, we have not had that experience, but then we don't take Sis anywhere other than the Puppy Boutique or to PetSmart........
Our Walmart has a grocery store in it and it would be a health department issue......

·
Registered
4,035 Posts
yea, I can't even count the times that Peanut has been called a little frou frou rich dog. Drives me crazy, and I think that's why I love it here so much!! At least we understand what having a malt is all about!!!!!

·
Registered
3,483 Posts
That was rude! I'd have to slap her for that! LOL Some people are mad because they were never even HALF that spoiled so you're gonna have to forgive them. Some people are too ignorant to understand and you just have to let them be.

·
Registered
76 Posts
I've had people come up and tell me I'm a Britney Spears or a Paris Hilton wannabee for carrying Tristan around in his carrier-- just kind of makes me laugh actually.

·
Registered
2,119 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
I've had people come up and tell me I'm a Britney Spears or a Paris Hilton wannabee for carrying Tristan around in his carrier[/B]
thats so ridiculous :lol: how do you respond to people like that?

·
Registered
249 Posts
thats what I was going to say,it's prob because of Paris Hilton,Jessica Simpson and other "movie stars" exposure for carrying around the dogs in carriers that has caused it.Not the maltese breed per say.

·
Registered
755 Posts
I'm sorry what happened. But I think maltese are the most expensive dog at there.IMO. Not only they're expensive to buy but think about all the money we've spend on our babies, grooming(shampoo, brush, bows etc), clothes, bed, premium food, carrier,vet, lists goes on and on. I've never spend so much money on the other dogs I've had. I love spoiling my maltese and there's nothing wrong with having the premium pet! You should be proud of having "Rich people dogs"!!! Not everyone can afford it like we can. :D

·
Registered
2,119 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Originally posted by Lani@Apr 11 2005, 06:30 PM
I'm sorry what happened. But I think maltese are the most expensive dog at there.IMO. Not only they're expensive to buy but think about all the money we've spend on our babies, grooming(shampoo, brush, bows etc), clothes, bed, premium food, carrier,vet, lists goes on and on. I've never spend so much money on the other dogs I've had. I love spoiling my maltese and there's nothing wrong with having the premium pet! You should be proud of having "Rich people dogs"!!! Not everyone can afford it like we can. :D
<div align="right">index.php?act=findpost&pid=51581
[/QUOTE]

LOL!! i love your way of thinking about it.. but i DONT like being HARASSED by someone about it
she has noooo right to be doing that, you know?

·
Registered
755 Posts
Originally posted by puppylucy+Apr 11 2005, 04:34 PM-->
<!--QuoteBegin-Lani
@Apr 11 2005, 06:30 PM
<div align="right">index.php?act=findpost&pid=51581
LOL!! i love your way of thinking about it.. but i DONT like being HARASSED by someone about it
she has noooo right to be doing that, you know?
<div align="right">index.php?act=findpost&pid=51583
[/B][/QUOTE]

True! ur absolutely right. She's a bitch for harassing you. I guess I'm more like "HAHA, I'm Rich and UR NOT" kind attitude girl!

·
Registered
1,008 Posts
Yeah that happens to me kinda a lot, its always funny when its like a group of people and everyone but one person in the group loves Sunny and are all trying to get the thats one going off at me at shut up lol. Anyways though take it as a compliment i would rather be carring the "little rich dog" than the "little white trash dog" lol thats just me though :D

·
Registered
3,483 Posts
Now that I know how old you are, I cant believe an older lady had the nerve to come up to you and cuss at you. I wish I were there so I can slap her for real!

·
Registered
117 Posts
Well, if she's working in Wal-mart... that in itself says a lot about the kind of money she earns.

Definitely sounds like she was bitter and jealous to me!

Grrrl, you gotta "brush that dirt off your shoulder" as they say. Here's rapper JZ to demonstrate.

·
Registered
7,621 Posts
Unfortunately there are people like that, when someone makes a comment like that to me I just give a dirty look and walk away. I wouldn't even dignify them with a response.

1 - 20 of 33 Posts