Maltese Dogs Forum : Spoiled Maltese Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi there, I got my maltese puppy and she came with skin infection and I thought it was just a mild infection. However I started noticing ringworm on my arm. I think she spread it to me. But the infection on her skin does not appear to be ringworm at all. Can someone help please? Her name is napkin and she’s turning 3 months old soon. She’s currently been using a topical medication for 3 days so far.
D5ECEB47-B5D8-4250-B6DE-E3F34B024884.jpeg
D1F3F92A-8C52-4455-935B-0A6AEB7AE4D9.png
140B5227-8EF5-47DC-B78B-EB29D2E425D9.png

·
Premium Member
5,393 Posts
welcome!
Poor little one, I bet that’s uncomfortable. I would have the vet look at her, ASAP. I have never seen ringworm, so I couldnt say, but imo , that looks like a bacterial infection on your girl. I have one who has a compromised immunity. She is prone to bacterial infections on her stomach and back and it looks almost identical to your fluff.

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
thanks for the reply:) I took her to the vet and they did confirm it as ringworm:( so now I'm isolating her while I wait for her pajamas to come so that she can get some more freedom around the house.

·
Premium Member
1,092 Posts
Welcome to SM! I'm sorry your new little puppy has ringworm. I notice you say "she came with ringworm" - Now that the diagnosis has been confirmed by the vet (in your later post) - I'm thinking it would be wise to contact Napkin's breeder and let her know as ringworm is very contagious and she should be aware of this being in her house/kennel. I'm just hoping she will care!

·
Registered
109 Posts
Oh no. I’m so sorry you are having to go through that. I hope it gets better very soon.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts