Maltese Dogs Forum : Spoiled Maltese Forums banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Premium Member
17,457 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Thank you to those concerned for us w/all the riots in Athens! :ThankYou:
We knew it was going to get worse & are so happy to be snug now in central California. We took Kitzel to see the monarch butterflies today (he could not find them) and then to the beach :chili::chili:---HE WAS CRAZY FOR THE BEACH! He is one dirty dog now! and one exhausted pup.
Tomorrow is suppose to be the last sunny day for a while so he will stay dirty and go once more before Christmas. We are 2 blocks away!
Thank you all for your prayers for safety! :hump:
:wub:

·
Premium Member
17,343 Posts
Sandi -- I'm sooooooooooo glad that you aren't in Greece right now. I've been worried about you, but prayed that you were already in California.

Sounds like Kitzel is having a lot of fun. Can't wait to see pics of him at the beach. Lacie loves going to the beach too. :)

Hope you have a wonderful Holiday. And again, I'm so happy to hear that you're safe and not in Athens.

·
Registered
7,915 Posts
So very grateful you are safe and sound and sending special thoughts that things calm down in Athens. Enjoy California and so glad you are safe.

·
Registered
1,385 Posts
Glad to hear that you're safe and having fun in California! :D
I hope Kitzel will find a monarch butterfly tomorrow :heart:

·
Premium Member
17,457 Posts
Discussion Starter #9

·
Premium Member
17,457 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Glad to hear that you're safe and having fun in California! :D
I hope Kitzel will find a monarch butterfly tomorrow :heart:
:wub:
WE WILL LET YOU KNOW!

·
Premium Member
2,019 Posts
I'm glad you're here, too! {{{{}}}}

It's been a dream of mine to visit Greece. I considered a tour last year but I decided my dogs needed me. It turned out my dogs kept me safe, because there were some disturbances right around the time of the tour.

I'm glad you're safe, and I hope things calm down soon!

·
Premium Member
192 Posts
Sandi,
I've been to see the Monarchs in Pismo Beach and also down around Monterey / Pacific Grove area, and while it was worth it to me, they are typically clustered fairly high up in the Eucalyptus trees. Take a really good lens if you're looking to take pictures (and if you have one). When I went, there were way too many people to enjoy walking through the woods, so we didn't linger and the butterflies looked pretty content to stay put in the huddle in the trees. Kitzel may get a chance if it starts to rain tomorrow... but not sure that will make it an enjoyable adventure! Still, I'm guessing it's not likely a site you'd see in Greece, and I hope you're able to enjoy it. If you're down around Pismo, Atascadero has a ton of really good wineries, and Morro Bay is just over the hill, with some terrific seafood restaurants. My favorite is Dorn's Restaurant, antiquing in the downtown of Morro Bay, and wine tasting at Justin winery and Castoro's. No matter what you do, there's a lot for Kitzel to enjoy in No. Cal. - but just in case - stay away from Alameda!! They had another group of four raccoons attack tonight! They broke INTO a house and were dragging out a chiweenie while the bigger dog tried to fight them off, too. So scarey!

·
Premium Member
17,457 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Sandi,
I've been to see the Monarchs in Pismo Beach and also down around Monterey / Pacific Grove area, and while it was worth it to me, they are typically clustered fairly high up in the Eucalyptus trees. Take a really good lens if you're looking to take pictures (and if you have one). When I went, there were way too many people to enjoy walking through the woods, so we didn't linger and the butterflies looked pretty content to stay put in the huddle in the trees. Kitzel may get a chance if it starts to rain tomorrow... but not sure that will make it an enjoyable adventure! Still, I'm guessing it's not likely a site you'd see in Greece, and I hope you're able to enjoy it. If you're down around Pismo, Atascadero has a ton of really good wineries, and Morro Bay is just over the hill, with some terrific seafood restaurants. My favorite is Dorn's Restaurant, antiquing in the downtown of Morro Bay, and wine tasting at Justin winery and Castoro's. No matter what you do, there's a lot for Kitzel to enjoy in No. Cal. - but just in case - stay away from Alameda!! They had another group of four raccoons attack tonight! They broke INTO a house and were dragging out a chiweenie while the bigger dog tried to fight them off, too. So scarey!
YIKES----and we thought the riots in Athens were dangerous!!!!!!!
PS: thanks for all the tips! Will post a report of visits!

·
Registered
3,567 Posts
Sandi, it's so nice to read that you've arrived safe and healthy over there! Hope everything went well on your journey!

Have a wonderful vacation in the sunny California! Here we just have a bad snow storm!

Hugs to you and of course sweet Kitzi
from Ullana and me!

Alexandra :wub:

1 - 17 of 17 Posts