Maltese Dogs Forum : Spoiled Maltese Forums banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
10,369 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
This happened just before I left for Vegas, last week.

I just left my house, got on the 57 Freeway, and it was a parking lot.

I sat there, along with everyone else. I had a meeting to make, but oh well, what are you going to do. I don't sweat the small crap.

This huge black SUV is next to me, on my left. This gal starts yelling. Oh my, she called me every name in the book. I thought, "okay, you are a whack job, as I've been sitting here, and have done nothing to you", so I shake my head, and turn up the radio. Suddenly I hear a big old clunk. I look back to my left, and this dumbass had thrown her coffee at me!! On the Freeway!! It was one heck of a shot, if my window were down, she would have hit me in the flippin' head.

So my window is splattered with coffee (also cream and sugar, I believe), I did not bat an eye, as this broad stopped again, on the Freeway, waiting for me to pull up beside her. Yep, she once again started yelling, then moved on.

Gosh, her parents must be proud of her. Seriously, who does that?? :w00t:

Had my window been down, with hot coffee thrown in my face, there could have been harm done to so many on the 57.

Yes, I did get the license plate, and called it in. I still have no flippin' idea what I did. I'm not aware of anything, and I've racked my brain thinking what did I possibly do. No matter though, nothing warrants such a wreckless attitude, and rage.

I'm thinking it was a total waste of Starbucks, myself. :HistericalSmiley:

·
Registered
5,880 Posts
Wow, I can't believe that...it seems like people have no knowledge of right and wrong. I seriously am worried about how people turn out nowadays & you never know what they are capable of doing.

It's a good thing you called it in, I wonder if they did anything about it or just dismissed it...In a way, it almost would have been better if she actually hit you with the coffee...because that would have been assault.

Were you driving slower than everyone else or something? lol I just can't imagine why you would be targeted...so weird...glad you are okay.

·
Registered
10,369 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Good thing she didnt have a gun. People are nutts totally nutts. Maybe she should have ordered decaf!

:HistericalSmiley: That's a good one. So yup, decaf for that broad. :blink:

People are nuts. We all need to be aware of that, play it cool, and call the authorities.

·
Registered
10,369 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Wow, I can't believe that...it seems like people have no knowledge of right and wrong. I seriously am worried about how people turn out nowadays & you never know what they are capable of doing.

It's a good thing you called it in, I wonder if they did anything about it or just dismissed it...In a way, it almost would have been better if she actually hit you with the coffee...because that would have been assault.

Were you driving slower than everyone else or something? lol I just can't imagine why you would be targeted...so weird...glad you are okay.
Oh no, I always go with the flow of traffic. Thing is, you stop at the on ramp, to the Freeway, wait for your light to turn green, get on the freeway, and it was a parking lot. It was stopped. My lane was completely stopped. I hadn't changed lanes, I hadn't even moved. I was simply sitting there with everyone else. The left lane was moving a little bit, but for the most part, all five lanes were stopped.

I'll check tomorrow to see what, if anything, has become of this.

·
Premium Member
17,468 Posts
Deb, be careful out there! That shooting in AZ. is a testimony that people don't need much of an excuse to vent anger---you can just be in the wrong place at the right time.
I think we need to think about the fact that we never know when the person on our right are left might not be completely sane and just back off. I am glad you were okay. The pups at your house need you!

·
Registered
2,098 Posts
Wow! I'd like to say that is hard to believe that someone would do that, but unfortunately with the way things are nowadays, it's sadly not unbelievable. Still shocking though! I'm so sorry, and I do hope that it gets followed up on.

·
Premium Member
3,388 Posts
Maybe her ever ready AAA batteries died on her portable device. :brownbag::innocent:

·
Registered
10,369 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Deb, be careful out there! That shooting in AZ. is a testimony that people don't need much of an excuse to vent anger---you can just be in the wrong place at the right time.
I think we need to think about the fact that we never know when the person on our right are left might not be completely sane and just back off. I am glad you were okay. The pups at your house need you!
Absolutely!! I'm very cautious of this. Far too many nut bags out there.

It still amazes me though. I cannot believe the actions of so many humans. Hey, I'll stick with the dogs, they are more civilized.

Oh, and wee little Bobby is flippin' awesome!! He's now Rockin' and Rollin'

He can get along with anyone, even LBB ~ :HistericalSmiley:

Once again, I'll stick with the dogs. Yup, a bit more civilized.

·
Premium Member
5,785 Posts
What a nut-job! So glad that you are okay and that it didn't escalate into anything worse. I really hope the police follow-up on this and at the very least go have a talking to her. One day someone might just pull a gun out on her if she continues with that behavior.

There have been some really tragic road rage cases. I'll never forget the one where the monster threw the other motorist's poor fluff out into traffic resulting in the poor dog's death. Some people are truly insane and we just never know how close they really are to us. :(

·
Premium Member
13,418 Posts
That' is what I tend to think nowadays...people could be on drugs or whatever and don't need much of a push.
glad everything turned out ok too.

·
Premium Member
10,319 Posts
What is so crazy is you were in a no win situation. You tried to do the best thing you could by ignoring her, but NO, that only made her more irritated. What is a person to do???? Some people are just crazy roaming our streets......glad you are okay Deb!!:wub:

·
Registered
1,654 Posts
Deb I am so glad you are alright! Crazy cali drivers! I remember when I lived in Escondido, it was a mad-house on the freeway. And I always tried not to look at anyone else while I was driving through L.A. for that reason! You never know who is a lunatic. :(

·
Registered
13,097 Posts
Deb, I know a gal who a nutcase went off on because of her bumper-sticker! It was a 'Don't buy pups from pet-stores' ! Either she owned a pet store or had already purched a pup from one but she went ballistic and was shouting at the gal at every red light they hit!! She didn't 'assault' or anything just was raging with her mouth. the gal ignored her and said she couldn't understand everything she was saying as she had windows up and AC and radio on.
We both said we felt sorry for any pups in her care with a temper like that!

·
Registered
5,653 Posts
oh wow .. its crazy how ppl go off the rocker like that , glad ur safe , pls update us on what they said.

1 - 18 of 18 Posts