Maltese Dogs Forum : Spoiled Maltese Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
Joined
·
48 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
My baby is eating very small rocks when he goes outside to do his business. I noticed his poo tonight, freaked out thinking it was worms so I put it in a baggy to take to the vet and they were rocks. Does anyone elses babys do this? He's eating good so I don't think he's doing it because he's hungry.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
493 Posts
Originally posted by cocos mommy@Apr 27 2005, 07:35 PM
My baby is eating very small rocks when he goes outside to do his business. I noticed his poo tonight, freaked out thinking it was worms so I put it in a baggy to take to the vet and they were rocks. Does anyone elses babys do this? He's eating good so I don't think he's doing it because he's hungry.
 

<div align="right">index.php?act=findpost&pid=57402
[/QUOTE]

We had a shetland sheepdog who started to do this. The vet told us that he was eating them because he was lonely/bored (obviously while we were at work). Make sure you keep your baby occupied! This may or may not be the reason for your baby doing this though...
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
2,004 Posts
OMG chester does this and we don't know why.
When we were outside with him in the backyard last summer... my husband noticed chester eating a very small pebbel. He deffinetly was not bord. We were playing catch with him, but when he would return chester would start hunting for th e rocks. We had t take him inside to make him stop. Then I thought maybe he is hungry still... so i gave him so food and he did not even bat a eye at the food. Up to this day all we can do is watch him carfully. He just loves to eat rocks... waird dog
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
1,176 Posts
Puddles don't eat the rocks, but he will sneak them in the house if we don't watch him.

To bad we can't read their little mines. We all would rest better.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
9,288 Posts
Lots of dogs eat things they aren't suppose to just because. Please go out with him and do not let him eat rocks. It can cause an intestinal blockage that would require surgery.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
48 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
I'm with him the whole time when he goes out to do his business. Since we live in the country I worry about other small (or big) animals getting him. My mom was chased by a moose last summer. But he's so low to the ground and quick that I don't catch him every time.
I have pulled out many little pebbles before he has got a chance to digest them.


Weird little dogs for sure!!
But so darn cute!!
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
2,004 Posts
Originally posted by cocos mommy@Apr 28 2005, 08:20 PM
I'm with him the whole time when he goes out to do his business. Since we live in the country I worry about other small (or big) animals getting him.  My mom was chased by a moose last summer.      But he's so low to the ground and quick that I don't catch him every time.
I have pulled out many little pebbles before he has got a chance to digest them.


Weird little dogs for sure!! 
  But so darn cute!!

<div align="right">index.php?act=findpost&pid=57799
[/QUOTE]

That's the hardest part getting the rock out of there mouth before they eat it.
there so quick
 
1 - 7 of 7 Posts
Top