Maltese Dogs Forum : Spoiled Maltese Forums banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
48 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
My baby is eating very small rocks when he goes outside to do his business. I noticed his poo tonight, freaked out thinking it was worms so I put it in a baggy to take to the vet and they were rocks. Does anyone elses babys do this? He's eating good so I don't think he's doing it because he's hungry.

·
Registered
493 Posts
Originally posted by cocos mommy@Apr 27 2005, 07:35 PM
My baby is eating very small rocks when he goes outside to do his business. I noticed his poo tonight, freaked out thinking it was worms so I put it in a baggy to take to the vet and they were rocks. Does anyone elses babys do this? He's eating good so I don't think he's doing it because he's hungry.

<div align="right">index.php?act=findpost&pid=57402
[/QUOTE]

We had a shetland sheepdog who started to do this. The vet told us that he was eating them because he was lonely/bored (obviously while we were at work). Make sure you keep your baby occupied! This may or may not be the reason for your baby doing this though...

·
Registered
2,004 Posts
OMG chester does this and we don't know why.
When we were outside with him in the backyard last summer... my husband noticed chester eating a very small pebbel. He deffinetly was not bord. We were playing catch with him, but when he would return chester would start hunting for th e rocks. We had t take him inside to make him stop. Then I thought maybe he is hungry still... so i gave him so food and he did not even bat a eye at the food. Up to this day all we can do is watch him carfully. He just loves to eat rocks... waird dog

·
Registered
48 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
I'm with him the whole time when he goes out to do his business. Since we live in the country I worry about other small (or big) animals getting him. My mom was chased by a moose last summer. But he's so low to the ground and quick that I don't catch him every time.
I have pulled out many little pebbles before he has got a chance to digest them.

Weird little dogs for sure!!
But so darn cute!!

·
Registered
2,004 Posts
Originally posted by cocos mommy@Apr 28 2005, 08:20 PM
I'm with him the whole time when he goes out to do his business. Since we live in the country I worry about other small (or big) animals getting him.  My mom was chased by a moose last summer.      But he's so low to the ground and quick that I don't catch him every time.
I have pulled out many little pebbles before he has got a chance to digest them.

Weird little dogs for sure!! 
  But so darn cute!!

<div align="right">index.php?act=findpost&pid=57799
[/QUOTE]

That's the hardest part getting the rock out of there mouth before they eat it.
there so quick

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.