Maltese Dogs Forum : Spoiled Maltese Forums banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
Joined
·
4,140 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
:innocent: My little angel (till yesterday) got himself into a situation. I left him alone as usual with the bedroom doors closed and in the livingroom. Nothing different about yesterday except that I was away for a week, just got home Wednesday and then I went out in her hurry when my mother's facility called and said they were sending her to the ER for exrays. Let me first say..my mom is fine, she didn't break anything from a fall. However, I was gone for hours in emergency. I asked my daughter to go to my house to check on him, give him something to eat and take him out to potty. I got a phone call from my daughter that when she got to my house Rocky brought her over to a potted snake plant that had two leaves chewed on and dirt on the floor all around it. I think he was really asking her to clean up the evidence before we got home. :HistericalSmiley:When she told me I was in ER and got nervous because I heard Snake plants were poisoness. I had this plant for years and it's big. Rocky never went near it, nor does he EVER chew on anything, not a sock, shoe, or anything at all. Till yesterday I thought of him as the perfect puppy! :blush: I called my Vet immediately, but he was closed and had an emergency number to call. I called them and they said there is a list of plants that are toxic to dogs and they can figure out what to do by his weight. I called that number and the Vet there said he was not in immediate danger, but to monitor him for swelling, hives, vomiting or any other change in his stool or behaviour.

When we got home from the hospital after making sure my mom was ok, we picked Rocky up at my daughter's house. She said he was playful and barking and running around. When we got in the house I checked out the damage to the plant. Two large bite sized pieces were chewed and shredded. There were pieces of it missing! I cut off the two damaged leaves and walked over to Rocky and said in a firm voice...No! I have never ever had to use that voice on him...so he immediately ran behind a tall silk palm tree plant in the corner of the room :HistericalSmiley:So I threw the two leaves out and put my pj's on and went to sit on the sofa which is Rocky's favorite hang out. He doesn't sit on our laps when we sit on the sofa, he sleeps and sits nearby us on the sofa, but never on our laps. He likes to sleep alone I guess, LOL. Well, as soon as I sat, Mr. Rocky comes walking over to me on the sofa and sits and curls up in my lap and goes to sleep!!!! :w00t: To my shock, he stayed on my lap for over an hour!:wub: Now I could never stay mad at my little boy anyway...but when he did that? My heart melted!!!!!! :wub2:
 

·
Premium Member
Joined
·
10,319 Posts
So glad to hear he is okay........he can be a little loverboy when he thinks he is in trouble!!! I would have forgvien him too!!!:wub:
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
1,546 Posts
The real name is sansavaria, aka mother in law plant, or dumb cane. It causes the throat to go numb, not sure about poisonous,there are several other house plants that can cause damage to an animal, poinsettias are another to really watch
 

·
Premium Member
Joined
·
17,343 Posts
So glad all is well with Rocky and your Mom. How could anyone stay mad at that sweet little boy. His eyes just melt my heart. I'm sure he's just glad that you're back home and he can get back to his regular routine. :)
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
4,140 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
So glad to hear he is okay........he can be a little loverboy when he thinks he is in trouble!!! I would have forgvien him too!!!:wub:
Yeah...he's too cute!

what a funny (but glad to hear both he and your mother are ok) story! He wanted to avoid further punishments at all costs!
Don't you love it...wonder what really goes on in their minds?

They're definitely little smarties.... that is so cute! Glad
everything is okay!!
Thanks!

That would be so scary to come home and find that that plant had been chewed. I'm glad Rocky is okay. =)
Thank you...I was really scared when my daughter called. It could have been worse.

The real name is sansavaria, aka mother in law plant, or dumb cane. It causes the throat to go numb, not sure about poisonous,there are several other house plants that can cause damage to an animal, poinsettias are another to really watch
yes, I heard it was called mother in law plant because of the sharp leaves, ha ha.

Dianne what a little stinker Rocky is, I'm glad he's ok and your mom is ok.
Thanks Paula, me too!

So glad all is well with Rocky and your Mom. How could anyone stay mad at that sweet little boy. His eyes just melt my heart. I'm sure he's just glad that you're back home and he can get back to his regular routine. :)
Awww thanks so much!
 

·
Premium Member
Joined
·
2,673 Posts
These baby's are to smart ...Glad everything at the end of the day was OK for your Mother and Rocky.
 
1 - 14 of 14 Posts
Top