Maltese Dogs Forum : Spoiled Maltese Forums banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

Registered
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
But she is a rock star 馃槑 Dog Carnivore Toy Companion dog Dog breed

First vet check at 8 weeks we were advised to return her to breeder and get a refund, the breeder was going to put her down. So we decided to give Pearl a chance. she is now twelve weeks her fontanel/soft spot on her skull has closed, she still has a grade 4 heart murmur of yet unknown origin but likely, according to our vet, isn鈥檛 looking good. She is happy, energetic, eating and gaining weight. 馃槱 what an exhausting and emotional ride.

Registered
I just read your post and was so sorry to hear that the Vet had advised you to take her back to the Breeder due to a grade four heart murmur. First of all, the Breeder that you got her from should never let her go until she was at least 12 weeks old. However, that is in that past and I am sure that you probably would not part with her. I would suggest though, that you take her to another Vet in your area just to be absolutely sure of the diagnosis. She surely is adorable and hope that things will turn out for the best. Please keep us posted.

Premium Member
Sandi-- w/Kitzel (Kitzi) & Lisel (Lisi)
May I strongly suggest a good cardiologist. My Kitzel has a heart murmur & a severed cord that goes to the valve. It was a quick ride from no heart issue (murmur) to a full blown severed cord in just one event. He has a great cardiologist & sees her one time a year (she wants to see him twice but it is very expensive so she agreed to let my normal vet see him at the 6 month mark for a work-up---if something seems off she will refer us back to cardio). We are due to go this next week. His level has remained (w/meds) steady. He gets an echo every year & as long as he does not progress we are intending to stay the course. It is to be expected that at some point he will progress to CHF & we will have to make some hard decisions.
I hope your little girl is a fighter & you are an angel for not giving her back.

Reactions: Coster and wkomorow

Premium Member
I think it is an excellent idea to see a cardiologist.
There is a "visiting cardiologist" in my area. I wish he had an actual brick and mortar office/hospital. I thought he was good but he communicated to my regular vets, who did not communicate with me very well, and things went downhill.

Registered
this makes me so sad and happy at same time. she looks so healthy and adorable and looking at you like she is thanking you for giving her a chance. 馃槶

1 - 8 of 8 Posts